Chapter 16

I saw Sora, Donald, Goofy, King Mickey, Kairi, and some old guy staring at a heart-shaped moon. I gazed at the luminous moon in awe. It shed a dazzling white glow that lit up the sky in a peculiar way. I had never seen anything like it before.
   "C'mon, Alannah." Riku shook my arm and snapped me out of my thoughts. Riku raced up the slope and I followed.

   The old man looked at Riku.
   "You know what to do." The man agonized as Riku held everyone back, and a colossal column of light abruptly consumed him. The light blinded us for a moment, but it appeared to be only a few seconds before we could see again. I opened my eyes, and at least a million splotches of light rained from the blank sky. They looked exactly like the ones I saw before. One of them happened to float closely to my face, and I soon realized that those lustrous lights resembled hearts. I reached out to the light, but just before I could lay my finger on it, it bolted, scurrying away from me, as if it were afraid.

   Everyone laid on the ground, and I glanced at each of them. Sora, Donald, Goofy, Kairi, King Mickey, and lastly Riku. Though, my heart jumped as I realized Riku had been given back his true appearance.
   "Riku!" I rushed over and sat next to him. He slowly lifted himself up in exhaustion as he looked at me and smiled.
   "Alannah." I placed both of my hands on his cheeks and gave him a short kiss.
   "We don't have time for this, guys." Sora snapped as he stood up and brushed himself off.
   "I see now that living near the ocean makes you pretty salty, Sora." I stood and folded my arms.
   "Oh, please. You get more salt than I ever do."
   "What's that supposed to mean?"
   "Enough!" King Mickey shouted. "This is what we really don't have time for. Arguing is pointless."

   We all walked in silence through a fairly spaced area. The floor appeared to be shaped like a large, white circle. Everyone seemed to be contemplating in inaudible focus. Though, I couldn't contain my curiosity, for I had no idea as to what just happened.
   "So who was that guy? And what happened to him?"
   "His name is Ansem the wise, and, honestly, I'm not entirely sure what happened to him. All I know is that we probably will never see him again." King Mickey sighed. Sora plopped his hand on Mickey's shoulder.
   "Our priority right now is to take care of the last three members of Organization 13. Luxord, Xaldin and Xemnas. That's what he would want." Mickey held up his head again with determination in his eyes.
   "You're right, Sora."

   Our moment of recuperation proved to be suddenly interjected, as a wall of intricate cards separated Sora, Riku and I from Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Kairi.
   "No! Let them go!" Sora shouted as he attacked the wall with his Keyblade. The wall seemed to have its own defense mechanism, for Sora was pushed back the moment his Keyblade made contact with it. He fell to the floor and slid back to Riku and I. I held out my hand for him, and he accepted the offer as he pulled himself up.
   "Are you alright?" I asked with concern as I released his hand.
   "Kairi's in there!"
   "Sora!" He gasped with shock and relief as he ran closer to the wall.
   "Kairi! Are you okay?"
   "I'm great, Sora! Thanks for asking!" Donald shrieked.
   "Sora, go! Get rid of Xemnas! We'll be fine!"
   "I can't just leave you again, Kairi!" Silence arose, but Kairi soon broke it.
   "Sora. We are never far away because we are always in each other's hearts." Sora pulled a charm from his pocket. It appeared to resemble a flower with pink petals and a yellow-white center. Sora studied the charm.
   "Okay, Kairi." He held it to his heart. A white light grew from the charm and the Keyblade, soon revealing one of the same Keyblades I used against Saïx. Oathkeeper.

   Sora flipped Oathkeeper in his hand once, and firmly grabbed the handle again. He turned to us with the most serious look I've ever seen from him.
   "Guys," he glanced at each of us, "let's fuck 'em up."