Chapter 18

I struggled with the the fight against Xaldin. I couldn't believe how well he stood his ground against me, but I had to attack with full force. I had to help Sora and Riku.

   I held my own, and the fight went well for me, however, the sound of Sora's Keyblade hitting the floor caught me off guard. I looked over my left shoulder, and I saw Sora fall to his knees before Xemnas. I gasped, not just because of Sora, but also because I had been impaled clean through by one of Xaldin's spears. My eyes opened wide, and a stream of blood poured from my mouth. I slowly looked up at Xaldin, who had a look of empathy in his eyes.

   Xaldin suddenly pulled out the spear as I gagged and coughed up blood. He came at me with one last attack, but, in that moment, he attacked mindlessly.

   Time slowed as I looked at my right hand, and back at the brainless Xaldin. I snapped my finger, and he completely froze. The tip of his spear rested only an inch away from my nose. Several rays of light emerged from his body. The lights appeared brighter and brighter as Xaldin finally disappeared.

   I successfully dealt with Xaldin, but I wouldn't last much longer. There's no way I could've fought Xemnas like that and survive, but I needed to do something. I couldn't stand by and watch them suffer while I suffer myself. I could only have done one thing.

   Xemnas laughed louder than he ever did before as he stood over Sora.
   "What's wrong? Has the Key bearer finally given up?" Sora didn't respond. He pitifully sat on his knees as his arms were stretched out and his hands rested on the floor. "I guess this is it for you then, Sora."
   "No!" I shouted angrily. Xemnas and Sora both looked at me. I didn't look any better than Sora. I held my wound with my right hand, and I desperately gasped for air.
   "Alannah!" Sora shouted. Xemnas looked at me blankly.
   "You think you can defeat me like that?"
   "I think I can." I formed both of my hands into one fist, dropped to my knees, and smacked my fist to the floor. Bright circles of light appeared around Xemnas and I. Xemnas' blankness turned to anger almost instantly.
   "What is this? I can't move!" I looked up at Xemnas and I gave him the angriest face I've ever given in my life.
   "I'm taking you down with me." His cornea shrunk so much as he screamed in anger.
   "Alannah.." Sora said softly as he crawled over to me. Though, he grew so weak and tired that he collapsed half way.
   "Don't worry, Sora. I'm ending my life on a good note. You've taught me so much. Like how to live, how to love, and even how to have a little bit of fun," my eyes teared up and I couldn't hold back the waterworks, though, these were good tears, "but the most important lesson I learned from you is to never be afraid." Sora laid on his chest with his arms out in front of him as he stared at me. The tears on his face streamed down like the clearest waterfall.
   "Alannah?" I looked to my right, and Riku got down on one knee with one hand on the floor. He looked at me with intense sadness. "We promised."
   "I know, Riku. I'm so sorry." The light shined brighter, and, as I slowly faded away, a single tear fell from my cheek. The tear shined brightly as it fell. Sora leaped himself forward to catch it in his hands. He sat up to his knees and looked above him. He looked back at the sparkly tear in his hands and held it up to his heart.
   "No matter where you go, you'll always be in my heart."
   "Mine too." Riku sat down next to Sora.