XVII.

The only wrapping paper we had in the apartment was a roll with a baby blue background and pacifiers all over it. It was from Jae's cousin's baby shower which happened a year ago, and that's exactly what we used to wrap the watch up.

"It's cute! Plus, it can be like a joke because he's older than you," Jae defends the paper but I'm not buying it. It's tacky but it's all we have and we don't have time to run to the store. My phone reminded me that it was 7:25 a few minutes ago, so I know we have to be heading out soon.

"I guess it will have to do. Are you ready to go?" I ask, looking in the mirror that hangs beside our front door while I apply a little bit of lip gloss. For once, I got a little glammed up and I can't say that I don't feel confident.

"Ready when you are, hot stuff," she replies, smacking my ass before opening the front door. "Jungkook is waiting in his car."

I take one last look in the mirror before following behind her and walking down the steps that lead to the entrance of the building. Just like Jae said, Jungkook was leaning against his car waiting for us.

"You look beautiful, as always," Jungkook coos after Jae gives him a small kiss. I subconsciously roll my eyes at the display of affection but don't get me wrong; I'm glad they worked everything out.

It took us a shorter amount of time to get to Jimin's apartment considering we were driving and not taking the subway, which I am very grateful for. The amount of people that take the subway this time of night is borderline catastrophic. The ride there, however, was just how it always is; awkwardly silent with only the radio playing softly in the background.

The fairy lights glimmered around the doorframe as they usually do, but I notice that all the dead plants around the doorstep have been pulled up and new mulch has been placed there instead for when spring comes. Not going to lie, the front of his apartment looks a lot better than it did a few days ago.

All of a sudden, the front door opens and I am immediately hit with the sound of music coming from inside and a cherry-faced Jimin with a bottle in his hand.

"You guys finally made it! I have been waiting so long for you guys to arrive! Come, come inside now; it's freezing out here!" He yells, ushering us inside. It really wasn't that cold outside, I think it's because it is so warm in his apartment.

Before I even have the chance to slip off my shoes, my attention gets grabbed by Yoongi and Namjoon dancing on thin moveable dance pads. They are playing Dance Dance Revolution, a game I used to play so often as a kid that the arrows on the mat got worn and torn. I gasp and watch as their feet move in sync with the music and with each other. Laser lights fill the room instead of the usual lamp light, and there was no telling how many people were actually in his apartment.

I didn't realize they were allowed to have other friends.

"Hana! I want you to meet the rest friends!" Jimin smiles, grabbing my hand and dragging me away from the door. His hand is warm and soft as it leads me to the kitchen where people are casually sipping whatever is in their cup. My eyes fall on two older men who are visibly drunk.

"Speaking of the birthday boy," one of them slurs while bringing the shorter man into a hug. They all look happy and relaxed. The sense of urgency and commitment doesn't have an appearance on their faces as they instantly fall into a conversation about God knows what, and I take it as my cue to leave them be.

It's nice to see Jimin let loose for once, especially around his friends who I assume are members of Bangtan Soonyeondan from how comfortable he is around them. Still holding the small present in my hand, I decide it's best to drop it off in his room because I don't see any other presents around.