XXIII.

before this chapter starts, I have a question for y'all

would you read any of my other fanfics if I published them? I started writing a handful, but idk if anyone would actually read them 😔 👉🏻👈🏻 let me know by commenting!

anyways, long chapter ahead, enjoy xx
_____________________________

"Remember that this isn't just your average night club," J-Hope says to me as the club comes into my line of sight. "It isn't where people go to get plastered and dirty dance. This place is way more formal than that despite what you will see."

"What will I see?" I ask.

He pauses for a moment, looking at the dull lights that get closer with every step, "You'll see for yourself."

Within seconds, J-Hope is opening the wooden door at the front of the building and I quickly scope out the place out of curiosity. We walk into the vestibule where a man who looks like he is not from around here stands, wearing an old fashioned tuxedo and who has his hair slicked back. The man takes one look up and down at us and gestures to the open door that leads to a bigger room to our left with a smile.

He was right; there is no one dirty dancing. Instead, people of all different ages and all different ethnicities are jaggedly moving to the music that a band in the far left corner is playing, but it isn't the kind of music that people nowadays listen to.

The brass trumpets are playing an energetic melody to which everyone on the dance floor is moving to in sync. Each girl is partnered with a man, swinging their arms and legs to the jazz music, and looking around, it's almost like I have went back in time to New York in the 1930's. No one is wearing anything that merely looks like it was made in this generation, immediately making me feel out of place.

Everyone, right down to the hair style, looks like they are from they are from America in the 30s.

The walls are elegantly designed with wood trimmings and a glorious chandelier hangs from the ceiling, illuminating the dancers on the dance floor. Circling around it, there are booths lined in red with black tables and a bar that is almost as long as the back wall. At the opposite wall from the bar, there is a staircase that leads to a balcony where people are laughing and simply enjoying the music without dancing.

"This was definitely not what I expected," J-Hope whispers in my ear, having to lean down to reach it and I only nod as a response. "I'll grab us a booth."

He leaves me at the entrance to look for a booth and I instantly feel shocked at my surroundings. This place is lovely and unlike anything I have ever seen before, but I am here for my job and my job only.

If I came here on a different circumstance, I would love to come here again already.

"First time here?" An accented voice speaks from behind me and I turn my head around right away, and I make eye contact with a face with fair complexion. He's definitely not from Korea, but perhaps his Korean isn't that bad.

"Is it that obvious?" I reply to his question with another with a small smile. Focus.

"Not at all, I've just never seen you here before," he smiles back. I take note at how perfectly put together he looks, and that his suit is exactly what I would expect to see if I time travelled to this era. His tuxedo is all gray and has thin white stripes throughout, and it is accompanied by a matching hat.

"So, I'm guessing you're here pretty often, then?" I question again, trying to get my stomach to stop doing anxious flips.

"Well, I would sure hope so," he smiles again. "I am one of the owners of this place."