a hero in the making

This story has been revised!!!

Guide "quotes with italics and bold are intrusive thoughts... like someone else is saying it to him, but it's him yknow"

(((Bold talk and these ((( are me interrupting the story to meme or too bold things like texting

" basic talk between humans"

some bold talk is to do emphasis, no italics

(reader has gender neutral pronouns)

"You can never be a hero" is just one of those constant intrusive thoughts that comes like a bird shitting on your book out of nowhere. Yet once it enters it will burrow away and eat away at any hope you have. Slowly building up the wall you wish to climb. Every day that wall seems to grow bigger than ever before to the point that there isn't even a reason to try and climb it. The constant bickering and banging of noises clattering together. I can usually ignore it and believe in myself... but everyone breaks at some point. The feeling of the words suffocating me and clogging my throat. "you can NEVER be a hero" my mind mimics the many voices I've heard say those few words. " you were made to be a villain" if that's what everyone believes can I go against it? My heart pounds sending blood throughout my quaking body. My breathing starts to chase these thoughts in heavy motions trying to get any air in to clear my head.

I have to calm myself. If I let anyone get the wrong idea about me then the bullying will just continue here. I breathe in the cold air as it stings my dry throat. " I have to appear normal" I mutter out, trying to convince any part of my brain that's listening to calm down. My steps hit the ground, I move forward towards the U.A entrance exams. I look around at everyone, so many unique people, yet only a few are recognizable. " what if they recognize you" my brain echos as my heart stops with a dagger-like pain. "What's someone with a villain quirk doing here!?" I turn, taking a sharp breath. I expect to see someone I know... Instead, I startle students I've never seen. " sorry... I thought I heard someone I knew" I mumble as I turn back around and quicken my pace.

I have to stay calm... calm- that's what matters. This is a new beginning for me after all. Everyone gathers at the gate waiting for the exam to start. I hide in a group of people talking... I can't risk being seen by those I use to know.

I rub the back of my neck. Looking around with my tired eyes. I can't help but stay awake every night due to the constant antagonizing of me from my brain. Tonight it was even worse due to the exam... I hope with all of my heart I can pass it "but you won't" I feel my limbs tense up. I have to focus on something else otherwise this will just get in my way.

I start looking at the other participants, some students look like they're about to puke while others look so hyped. Everyone's quirks are noticeable. Which makes me wonder what I look like to all of these people. I continue examing people, are they having the same thoughts as me? Some people look like they're meant to be here Like... Wait is that guy trying to kill someone with an explosion? I-- what?? I let out a sigh, and people dare to call me a villain when someone like that is around? My nerves start to ease, I realize that I probably don't stand out... so I'm fine for now. I lower my eyes to the floor. All I can is wait for this examination and prove I can be a hero.

The man named present Mic announces that it's almost time for us to start. I look around one last time to gaze upon my opponents. I am invisible after all, everyone around me is drawing attention to themselves... I'm thankful for that.

I look at the gates as they begin to open, I feel my heart pause and a silence fading in. All I hear are the others saying how they know they'll be the best for sure. My only goal is to get into U.A for now. Everyone pushes their way in, yet the one guy with explosions flies in... how can someone be so fast to attack. I'll make a mental note to avoid where he is going.