Twenty

The drive to work was filled with thick and uncomfortable silence. The kind that makes you nervously glance around, contemplating whether or not to start small talk and have a chit-chat. Another part of you is waiting for the other person to attempt to start a conversation. The odds are, both of the parties are dependant on the other person.

That was the case inside of Valentino's luxurious car. As fresh and rich as it smelled, that didn't distract Nathaniel of the awkward silence. He kept opening his mouth to pour out some words, but the glass never tipped over and nothing was spilled.

"I thought you left," he began timidly, glancing at Valentino through the driver's mirror. He had involuntarily sat at the back seat, the passengers seat already full of bags and seemingly suitcases, the kind businessmen carry around casually.

The older boy didn't look back, but simply gestured towards the bags. "I had to place them inside the car," he replied coldly, sending shivers down Nathaniel's spine in fright. He wanted Valentino to remain calm and nice, to act warmly towards him.

Perhaps he wanted to feel special knowing that Valentino acted so emotionally open towards him. The thoughts and daydreams churned his inside in a good way, butterflies erupting within his protective walls.

Nathaniel frowned, a crease forming between his eyebrows, his pretty, pink lips jutting out slightly to form a child-like pout. Maybe Valentino was moody in the mornings? Nathaniel unattractively snorted loudly and clearly, Valentino reacting by glancing at him with an unreadable expression.

"What was that?" He asked, this time focusing on the traffic although his voice held a held-back tone of amusement. "A snort," Nathaniel whispered, embarrassed as he played with the leather seat of the car as a way to avoid looking at the handsome boy.

"Yeah, that's one thing to call it, Nathaniel. It sounded like an actual pig." Nathaniel was offended, scowling as he glared at the floor, not replying. Valentino sensed that he had hurt the shy boy, so he tried to cover up his mistake. "Mine's worse." It wasn't true. Valentino never snorted. It wasn't proper and it didn't suit a well-mannered, posh man. But anything to make Nathaniel feel better.

"Really?" Nathaniel's voice was high and squeaky as he excitedly asked for confirmation. Valentino nodded briefly, not having time to respond with words when Nathaniel bounced on his seat, "Demonstrate please!" Valentino's eyes widened as he shook his head, curls moving with his movements.

"Absolutely not." The small boy shuffled to the edge of his seat, not having worn the seat belt anyways. He neared closer to the handsome boy, poking his cheek, "please please please!" He begged, trying to charm Valentino with his infamous puppy dog eyes.

Valentino was unharmed, not having looked at the adorable face. "I said no, didn't I?" His deep voice laced with dominance, Nathaniel withdrawing and whimpering. "Sorry," he murmured, Valentino smirking.

"We're here."