Forty-Six

Nathaniel was putting a tremendous amount of effort into not having a panic attack. After enjoying his scrumptious banana split, he had magically found himself sitting next to Valentino in an upper-class restaurant with several crystal chandeliers to light up the entire place. The ceiling was so high up that Nathaniel had to tilt his head all the way up to see it. They all sat at a wide and long table where about forty people were eating. Some were standing, dancing and enjoying the business dinner. Everybody was dressed in elegant attire, suits and tight-fitting dressed accompanied by high-heels, and they looked very posh. Nathaniel felt like a commoner among them.

Nonetheless, his least favorite thing about the place was the fact that the food they served seemed too posh to eat. The portions were so small and were smothered in sauces that didn't even look good. Everybody seemed to have either Russian or French accents and would randomly start speaking in a different language fluently and very fastly. Instead of enjoying his "meals" and talking to people, he sat silently, head tilted down, wanting to go home and cuddle up on the couch. He noticed that he had begun to miss Rumplestilksin, and decided to pay the library a visit the day after.

Valentino was enjoying his time, talking to his business partner, who had his own date to the event. Nathaniel eyed the massive crown on top of his head, which meant he was some sort of prince or king. He seemed to be a few years older than him, but the boy next to him seemed a little younger than Nathaniel. He looked about nineteen or twenty-oneish, while Nathaniel was going to turn twenty-three in December. He kept his head down as well, looking slightly sad as if he had been scolded. He jumped suddenly, hand covering his mouth to muffle something, eyes dazed and glassy. Nathaniel couldn't help but notice the smirk displayed on the boy's date.

"Hello, mon chérie," the man said, winking at Nathaniel. "You're Valentino's date, am I correct?" He had a French accent, which suited his deep voice. Nathaniel nodded, blushing slightly. "This is Romeo Corentin, my close friend. Romeo, meet Nathaniel."

"Pleasure to meet you, Nathan." Nathaniel cringed. It had been so long since he had heard his name shortened that it felt odd. "N-Nice to meet you, sir." "You don't have to call me sir, darling. That's for someone else." The boy's blush deepened and he seemed very jolty for some reason. "Isn't that right, Christopher?" Romeo turned his head, smiling wickedly. "This is Chris, my date." "S-Sir, c-can you tu-turn it off now, p-please?" The boy whispered quietly though Nathaniel caught on. He was very confused. Sir? And turn what off?

"Why should I do that, Christopher?" "I-I don't feel-" Nathaniel couldn't hear the rest but noticed that Romeo's face hardened, nodding as he reached into his pocket. Chris visibility relaxed, falling against his chair. Nathaniel decided to ask Valentino what was going on. He began to tug at his sleeve, but he was busy talking to another lady and man.

He pouted, turning away. The aforementioned boy smiled at Nathaniel, "Couldn't get his attention, huh?" Nathaniel pouted at him, exaggerating his sadness. "Don't worry, sometimes it happens to me as well. I'm Christopher, but please call me Chris. I hope we can be friends." The boy grinned again, and Nathaniel was awestruck at his beauty. He had beautiful hazel eyes and darkish brown hair, a small, perfectly sculpted nose and defined eyebrows. His eyelashes were his best part as they were very long. His smile was also the cutest thing ever. Nathaniel felt hideous compared to him.

"I-I'm Nathaniel, w-would you like to get some food?" "Of course! I'm very hungry. Let me just ask Romeo." Chris turned towards the older, innocently poking him, making Romeo look at him with dark eyes. "Can I go to the buffet with Nathan, sir?" Romeo looked at the crowded buffet, "No." "P-Please sir, I-" "Let him go, Romeo. He's been good all dinner." Chris grinned, blushing slightly as he looked at his lap. "It's too crowded. Last time I let him go, he wandered off and had to be corrected." "I can see them from here, now go before Romeo kills both of you." The boys giggled, Romeo glaring at Valentino for letting his boy go, but letting it slide. After all, he knew how to discipline if things got out of hand.

The two boys grew closer, talking about their lives and whatnot. "I-I have a question but I'm too scared to ask about it." Nathaniel began to say innocently as they sat at a smaller table, eating bigger portions of chicken and meat. "Is it about my relationship with Romeo?" Nathaniel nodded slowly, stunned at how the boy knew. "Ask away, anything. I hope things won't shock you too much." "W-Why do you call him 'sir' and act like he's superior. Aren't you guys dating?"

Chris smiled sadly, "No, we aren't dating. We have a special relationship, a BDSM relationship. He, The Ice King, is my owner, my dominant, while I'm his submissive. I accidentally walked into his palace and boom, I'm held captive. Next thing I know, I've become a slave." "Holy shit, dude. Are you okay? I can sneak you out of here and straight to the police and you can run aw-" "I like it there, it's okay." Nathaniel studied the boy's face for a while, "Why is he called the ice king?" Chris giggled, moving closer, "People say it's because he's cold as ice but also hot as hell. It's very true, I assure you." Nathaniel and he laughed, grabbing the attention of many people, who scoffed at their childish behavior.

"Do you like him?" "SHH! His hearing is very good, he might hear. B-But," he looked at Valentino and Romeo, who didn't seem to be looking. So he nodded shamefully. "That's adorable. He seems to like you a lot as well." Chris gave him a dumbfounded look, "He tried to freeze me to death brutally because I attempted to run away." "I'm calling 911." "NO!" Chris sighed, "Our relationship might be complicated, but he's changing for the better. I can see him improving a lot lately." Nathaniel scribbled something on the napkin, handing it over, "If you ever need me to contact the police, here's my number." The two then laughed again, a particular mafia and ice king watching the two with a small smirk.

...

"I'm bummed out completely," Nathaniel whined as Valentino helped him taking his shirt off, unbuttoning for him. "I know, lovely." "I really like Chris though I'm worried about him. That Romeo better be a good Romeo and take care of him. He's a true angel." "Should I be jealous?" Nathaniel gave him a pointed look with a raised eyebrows before he began talking again, "Chris told me about his relationship with him." "What do you think?" "It's very interesting. If they're both happy and safe, then I'm happy about it." Valentino cooed at him, cupping his cheeks and giving him a little kiss. "What an angel."

"Chris is very beautiful though." Nathaniel looked down slightly. "Yes, he is beautiful." Nathaniel smiled sadly. "But you're breathtaking, inside and out. The most beautiful boy I've ever seen so don't even think of comparing yourself to him or I won't hesitate to spank you." With a giggle, the smaller asked, "What's up with you and spankings? If you wanna do it so bad just do it." Valentino's eyes sparkled. "Sike." "You little brat. I'll spank you one day, believe it or not. Shit, I'm turning into Romeo and his kinky habits." Nathaniel smiled, watching as his boyfriend spoke to himself.

"Tomorrow, during my lunch break, I'm going to head to the library and pay Rumplestiltskin a visit. Do you wanna come?" "Rumplestiltskin? What kind of sorcery-" "He's Mrs. Lavender's kitten." "Watching two baby kittens play together? Of course, I'll come, baby boy. But after I handle some fucker with Zaire and Jackson and the boys first."

Nathaniel pouted, "Don't kill him." "I'm not going to kill him." Nathaniel smiled. "I'm going to slaughter his entire family and make him watch." The boy facepalmed before slapping his chest, "If you do that, I'll never show you my butt." The color drained from his face. "O-Okay, fine. No killing families got it." "No touching families and no killing him." "He's a child molester." "Okay, you have my consent."

Valentino sighed, "And here I was thinking about how much of an angel you were." Nathaniel gave him the puppy dog eyes, pouting as he crawled over to him. "I thought I was your kitten?" Next thing he knew, he was manhandled onto the bed and smothered with kisses the entire night.