Chapter 5~Hide Away

Rufus's POV

"FREED?!"

I watched as he passed out in the hospital bed and sighed worriedly, wrapping his wrists in bandages. I could tell he hated hospitals.

"He won't stop hurting himself here. Maybe?..."

I trailed off as I looked outside before smirking as I picked him up, my eyes fluttering open even more than normal in surprise. He hardly weighed anything at all!

I needed to fix him. H- no! Freed deserved better than this. I will make it my mission to save him and maybe just maybe make him mine.

I carried him out of the guild, avoiding any comments from everyone, heading to my home just at the city limits.

How could I help Freed? He looks so peaceful in my arms, but I know the truth. He's in pain so much pain and nobody else could probably tell. Wasn't his grandmother an actress? He knew how to cover it all up perfectly I bet. What went wrong? Somebody must have caught on with his lies and confronted him. That would explain the woods. Freed must have run and they chased him.

I was brought back in the real world as I approached my house. I balanced Freed in my one arm as I opened the door and went up to my room. I gently laid Freed in my bed before heading downstairs to prepare us dinner.

Freeds POV

My friends they were all laughing. I-I-I was chained to the guilds wall. Wait! Where were my clothes?! My marks. My cuts. They were all back and bleeding, but now they covered my entire body. But I didn't create some of these. Some were burns... I screamed out in pain as something hit my side, the smell of my burning flesh making me want to vomit. Lightning. I was hit with lightning.

"Oh poor Freed. He knew I would never love him, but still refused to give up on his feelings. Didn't you dream I would do this to you Freed? Well now I can!"

Laxus...please kill me. I want to die by your hands. I want you to rip out my heart with your bare hands so I can finally tell you that you held my heart in your hands. For once and for all. You'll finally truly know my feelings as I bleed out at your feet with a smile on my face.

Rufus's POV

Screaming. Someone was screaming. FREED!

I ran upstairs to my room instantly and threw open the door, not caring if it dented the wall.

No Freed. My poor Freed.