Chapter 12~ Relapsed

Rufus's POV

After I finished wrapping Freeds arms, we just sat there on the bathroom floor as he cried. At some point I picked him up and took him back to lay back in bed, holding him close as I tried to soothe him. I don't remember falling asleep with him, but when I next opened my eyes, the sun was high up in the sky shining in through my window.

I glanced around and spotted Freed curled up beside me, fast asleep. I missed his long hair almost as much as he did. How I would love to tuck a stray strand behind his ear. To braid it for him. To have it plastered to his face as I rammed-

I suddenly coughed and looked away, aware of how red my face was. I smiled and headed downstairs to prepare us lunch, taking his saber with me.

Freeds POV

I groaned softly as my eyes flew open, a pain hitting me all at once. I slowly glanced at my eyes and whimpered.
"No...I didn't mean too. No. I'm so sorry. No. No. No"

I held my head in my hands, hearing the taunting voices all around me. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and screamed, starting to struggle. I looked beside me fearfully, the voices fading away as I stared at Rufus. He was talking, but I couldn't hear him over the ringing in my ears. I watched him breathe weird and found myself doing it along with him.

I don't know how long we sat there in that position, his fingers cradling the back of my head, my head buried into his chest as he whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

I slowly pulled away and looked at him, wiping my eyes on my arm hurriedly.
"Thank you Rufus...for helping me calm down. You didn't need to do that."

I looked down at my lap miserably before yelping in surprise as I was pulled over against him in a hug
"Oh Freed. I'm here to help you. To protect you. This is just a relapse because you're going to get better I promise. I'm going to help you and I'm not going to leave you."

I stared up at Rufus wordlessly before hugging onto him tightly back.
"I'm going to beat this. With you helping me, there's no way I'll fail."

Rufus's POV

I managed to calm Freed down from his panic attack which was a relief. He seemed ready to fight for his health which was invigorating to see.

We were now downstairs eating breakfast, with me helping to feed him. He seemed apprehensive at first, but humored me after his hand shaking prevented any food from getting to his mouth. I grinned at him as I held up another bite of eggs, making weird train noises.
"Here's comes the foooood train. Cho-cho!"

Freed laughed at my stupidity and accepted the bite of eggs, eating as he kept snickering a bit. God was his laugh beautiful.

I smiled at him before eating a bite of my own food, watching him carefully. Once we were finally done eating, I let him wash the dishes because he would not accept no for an answer. I stayed sitting in my seat as I watched his form.

Freed was humming lightly as he washed the dishes, no concerns in the world. He would get through this. He was going to get better.

"I'll make sure you don't relapse again."