Chapter Two 💫

I rolled over onto my stomach, and buried my face into the pillow. I really didn't feel like waking up, but I had to go to the academy if I wanted to become a genin.

Wait, I already was a genin.

I shot up quickly and opened my eyes. I ignored the bright light as the memories of yesterday rushed back to me. My house, it..

I gasped and checked my hand. It was wrapped in bandages. Where was it? My locket, it was in my hand, where did it go? I threw off my covers and ran out of the strange room. I sprinted down the hallway, only to bump into someone.

Me being short and really lightweight, I fell back hard and on my butt.

"Gah! Sorry, sir, I didn't see you there." I trailed off and looked into the person's face, only to see..

"Sasuke? What are you doing here?"

He arched a brow. "I live here."

I scratched the back of my head. Oh. "Then, what am I doing here?"

"You ran into a burning house, paid no attention the the smoke that infiltrated your lungs, and grabbed onto a very hot piece of metal. I got you out. Since you have no place to stay, you're in my brother's old room."

Wow. I think that was the most I had heard Sasuke say, ever. I stood up, and furrowed my eyebrows when I saw a blush spread across his face. I glanced down, and blushed myself.

My shirt and shorts was charred! There were gaping holes in it, revealing a lot of what it shouldn't. Thankfully, my undergarments didn't burn. "Uh, hu.." I didn't know what to do, but Sasuke shoved his jacket into my face. "Wear this, and let's go. We don't want to be late."

I didn't move, and he sighed. "Your locket's in your bedside dresser."

- - - - -

Kakashi crossed the clearing and set his hand on the alarm clock. "This thing is set for noon." He stated, and I wondered why he had to point that out.

He seemed to go off on another tangent entirely when he said, "Today's topic is to get one of these two bells from me. Since there's two, that means at least two of you will not be eating lunch. Those who did not grab a bell will receive such punishment, as they didn't complete the mission." His eye narrowed.

"You can use your shuriken. You won't even be able to touch these bells unless you have the intent to kill." My eyes widened. Was he really this intense? "When I say start, you will come after me with everything you have."

Naruto jumped up and ran at him with a kunai, and Sasuke, Sakura and I got up to stop him. He was being foolish. I wasn't sure what Kakashi was getting at, but he didn't look like he was above beating the hell out of us.

I watched with wide eyes as Kakashi quickly grabbed his wrist and spun him around, pointing Naruto's kunai at the back of his neck.

"Don't get so hasty, Naruto. I didn't even say go yet." He murmured. He pushed Naruto off of him, and all four of us backed away.

"Ready? Go." He said, and we all jumped away.

I found a very concealed branch held high in a tree. It wasn't right on the clearing, so it wasn't obvious, but I could still see quite a lot.

Kakashi's free eye traveled around, but I didn't miss that it hovered right where I was for a second. He knew where I was. In fact, he probably knew where we all were. I had to move, maybe conceal some of my clones as well. That way he's have a harder time finding the real me.

I summoned three clones silently and they jumped away. Thankfully, Kakashi was distracted.

"You and me old man, fair and square!" He shouted, and I held my head in my hands. I can not believe he actually did that.