P R E F A C E

WELCOME!

To new and og readers, thank you for even clicking on this story in the first place! I never thought I would ever be able to write a good story, let alone a character that I love so much and hold so dear to my heart, so I really appreciate all of the readers who enjoy my work and continue to support all the AU's I create with Rory.

Here are a few things before we get started:

• To new readers: basically Obsidian is an au story of my OC, Rory, whose original plot began in Crimson where she fell in love with Jasper Hale but they broke up when the Cullens left Forks. I encourage you to check out Crimson if anything doesnt make sense, but I will try my best to make the plot easy to go along with although this is really more of a companion/spin off to Crimson.

• Obsidian begins after New Moon in terms of the Twilight Saga timeline and focuses more on Rory as an amnesiac newborn and Alec as a complex character in general :)

• Obsidian is the third installment of what I like to think of as Rory's different destinies if she made certain choices that would change the course of her life. Crimson is the main and central plot, Harbor is if she chose to live with her family in Hemlock Grove (Roman Godfrey), and this story, Obsidian—well, you'll have to read more on what choices she makes that leads her to Alec and the Volturi.

• In this story, the main pairing will be Alec (who is face claimed by Stuart Townsend aka Lestat de Lioncourt from Queen of the Damned) and Rory (face claimed by Cindy Kimberly aka wolfiecindy).

• Rory will definitely be a little darker and dramatic in Obsidian than in the other stories

Most importantly though, this story is really for the readers who have been literally asking for this bc i love yall sm and i really love being able to explore this universe i've altered.