[7] BURN

warning: things get heated. very heated. reminder that they are vampires!!!

000

All throughout lunch, Aurora was a mess of confusion and straight up shock from all the revelations that had occurred in the throne room. Stopping Felix and Edward Cullen's fight, freezing them in midair, was unprecedented for what she had been able to control so far. She wondered if the elements were what held them up or if there was another magic at hand. Either way, the craziest part was that display wasn't even the most surprising. What was, and cause of her stinging headache, was how she was able to alter her masters decision about the Cullen's fate without saying a word. She didn't know it would work so successfully-no one had even figured it out, not even she had a clue that she could before trying, yet she had.

It was just so obvious all four strangers who had once known her were about to be destroyed...Aurora couldn't allow another piece of her past to destroyed.

In her jumbled thoughts, she explored the castle unintentionally as her mind racked itself over all the clashing details and revelations. Aurora hadn't even realized she had entered the reception area of the castle where she ran into the unexpected guests on her mind. Immediately, she wiped her slate clean, not allowing any emotion or thought to be shared in the presence of a telepath and pathokinetic.

"Rory!" Alice Cullen, the slight petite one with cropped raven hair, appeared in front of the newborn with an excited smile.

In mostly silence, they had been waiting on the coffee-colored leather couches for the last few hours until they could leave, half in a state of shock from how close they all came to death. With Edward's suicide attempt, the discovery Rory was an amnesic, high-ranking, newborn Volturi guard member, and the fact they were all nearly executed as well if not for her unforeseen advocation, excitement was the simplest way of describing Alice's mood. As soon as Rory stepped into the lobby from the hidden corridor, Alice ran right up to her, smile fading slightly as the newborn took a definitive, wary step back.

"Buon sera, Donna Aurora!" Gianna, the human secretary, stood behind her desk, giving the newborn a needed reprieve from the uncomfortable moment between the two vampires. The human was uneasy to find the newborn on her own, no other guard at her side in case she slipped, but she showed no fear. "C'è qualcosa con cui posso aiutarti? Don Alec e lei non sono in programma di pattugliare fino a mezzanotte," she added, thinking the newborn was sent to see the schedule. (Is there anything I can help you with? Don Alec and you are not scheduled to patrol until midnight.)

After lunch, Alec had immediately gone to his private office for his bimonthly conference with his South American contacts, in charge of receiving and monitoring any possible situations that posed a threat to their kind in the region. Similarly, Jane was in charge of North America, Chelsea with Asia, Afton with Africa, Felix with Africa, and Demitri with eastern Europe. Vigilance was key to how the Volturi has kept their kind safe and secret from the humans for a thousand years.

Trying her hardest not to breath through her nose and glad she had just sated her thirst which left her burning thirst more manageable in such close proximity to two humans, Aurora smiled politely, such an enchantingly beautiful act causing a few people's breaths to catch, which she hardly noticed. "Grazie, Gianna. Se viene in questo modo dopo l'incontro, fagli sapere che lo sto aspettando." (ehank you, Gianna. If he comes this way after his meeting, let him know I'm waiting for him.)

"Sì, certo, Donna Aurora." (Yes, of course, Donna Aurora.)

"Donna?" Bella whispered to Edward, voice filled with confusion, brown eyes darting to Rory while she spoke to the receptionist.