one-shot #2

(a/nnn) So hey guys omg I've been gone for so long!! I'm so sorry.. There's been a lot going on and it's been a rough ride and I'll try to make up for it. Ummm this one-shot was inspired by a song!:) I'll do your requests soon, since school has now started, bad timing!! :/Thank you for the 9k reads by the way I love you and you deserve the world. Idk if I'll make a part two or something

Angstish??, mini mentions of abusive stuff idk tho??

"Why"

                                 ///

Dabi woke up from a good sleep — the best sleep he has in a while actually. He checked his window. Cloudy. It was pretty chilly too. He then checked his phone for the time.
8:12.
Too early for his liking. He checked his text messages.

"morning handsome! i miss you:("

A text from (Y/N). He didn't reply.

(Y/N) was a pro hero. Always doing her job, rarely seeing him. How did they meet? Long story. She made sure to keep in touch with him though — reminding him that she loves him.

But does he?

He was falling back asleep till his stomach growled. He got up and brushed his teeth, washing his face to officially wake himself up.

Wandering around the kitchen wondering what to eat, he grabbed a bowl and filled it with cheerios. He took the milk from the fridge and almost poured it — remembering to check the date.

"BEST BY: 9-10-18"

Shit. Really? Dabi face palmed himself, resting his hand on his cheek, a bored, unamused expression on his face. He sighed. Grocery shopping.

His local market was pretty far, so he figured to bring his aux cord to not bore himself and get his mind off his hunger.

He quickly put on a black sweatshirt that complimented the sweatpants he was already wearing. He slipped on some shoes and headed to his car.

Now on his phone — he scrolled through his playlists on Spotify and couldn't find any songs for his mood. Dabi then pressed shuffle.

He was now on the road. Lighting strikes were heard, but not outside of his car, but from the song?

"I'm still on your Netflix"
What?

"Girl I know you love me"
Oh..

"Even though your parents — they don't fucking trust me"
He instantly thought of (Y/N)'s parents. He brushed it off.

"They probably alright though, I know I'm an asshole, no reply to all your texts girl I do you mad cold"
Wait.. He thought of the time where he yelled at (Y/N), just for talking to her best friend, which happened to be a boy. She was explaining that he was just a friend and that they were just catching up on some things, but he wouldn't listen. Dabi slapped (Y/N) that day. He didn't even look sorry.

Then he thought to this morning. He didn't reply to (Y/N)'s text! Was this speaking to him? He opened up the messages app and thought of a reply.

"gm beautiful! imyt:( have a good day today though:)"

"Like you're just-
Dying to drive, but you can't find the keys, now
Looking for God but you're down on your knees"

He was still looking at his messages scrolling though the many conversations he could've had with her.

"I'm all that you want, but not what you need girl why..?"
She wanted Dabi. And he told her she didn't need him. This song really was speaking to him.

"Tell my why do you still love me
Why do you love me
You know you shouldn't love me
Yea you still love me"
It hit him. He was a terrible boyfriend. And yet she still showed happiness. Why? Why does she still love me? It didn't make any sense.

Be clearly doesn't deserve a girl like her..

He quickly found a space to park his car. He was surprised he hadn't crashed yet, considering he was zoned out — thinking about all the horrible things he's done.

Before the song could go on, he paused it. Dabi couldn't believe it.. A song had knocked some sense into him.. how was he supposed to react?

He tried calling (Y/N). A couple of calls and she finally answered.

"Hey Dabi! How are you??"
Wait. He didn't know what say yet.

"Hello?? Dabi are you there?"

"Uhm, yeah I'm here.. I uh.. just wanted to say.. I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was such a little bitch until now. I hurt you and I can't forgive myself for that. You deserve so much better.. I.."
"...*sniff*"
"I love you! And it's probably so so so! late to say that. I'm so sorry...."

garbage right