one shot #7

hiiiiiiii request from: @coke_and_a_smile

i feel like writing lately so here's this!

[dabi x pregnant!reader]

-

Two months. It's been two months since you've last had your menstrual cycle. You've been waking up with urges to throw up, and some days you actually do.

You knew what this meant, but you weren't sure how to tell the person who might have actually caused it. Dabi.

You took multiple tests, all of which turned out to be positive. Your heart raced for each test, and you felt a load of stress for every outcome.

As you were in the restroom, you decided it might have been best to tell Dabi. You were thinking of how to do it, but that got you even more nervous.

"Breathe... Just breathe," you told yourself.

You turned towards the door, and put your hand on the doorknob. Your grip on the doorknob was tight, and you were contemplating on whether or not it was the right time to do this.

Dabi was sitting on a chair, his elbow touching his thigh, his hand cupping his own face, his other arm around his stomach. It was almost as if he was dozing off to sleep.

Now you were thinking of just abandoning the plan of even telling him. This was a sign right? He's sleeping so don't bother him?

You shook your head and took a deep breath. You walked closer to him, and you could see him breathing peacefully, even in a chair.

"Um..." you hesitated, fumbling your fingers, "Dabi?"

He opened one eye to look at you, and your heart felt like it stopped.

"Dabi," you said softly, "I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" he said in his usual tone, stretching his arms.

You bit your lip, anxious to tell him. You didn't realize it at the moment, but your eyes started to water.

"I'm..." you clenched you're fist, hoping it would give you some courage. However, you couldn't find yourself to keep going.

Before you knew it, tears started to run down your cheeks, and Dabi instinctively held your face in his hands, wiping your tears with his thumb.

"I'm pregnant," you whispered.

Dabi brought you closer in his arms, and he hugged you like the world was about to end. You kept your arms clutched to yourself and you closed your eyes, letting a tear fall.

"I know," he whispered back.

You looked up at him with your now slightly puffy eyes and tear drenched eyes.

"...How?"

"You're the love of my life," he chuckled, "How wouldn't I notice?"

He looked down to emphasize the small bump on your stomach and smiled.

Relief washed over you, and you hugged him with a tight grip as you let out a shaky breath.

"Why were you so nervous to tell me?" he asked.

"I didn't know what your reaction would be," you said, "I was scared. It was a big thing for me, since I've never been pregnant before..."

Dabi felt his heart ache as he placed a kiss on your forehead.

"You know I would give anything to see you happy. You don't have to worry about a thing because I'll always stay with you. I'll always be here for you, just like you were for me this whole time."

You couldn't help but smile. You knew he would make a great father. He had this special side to him that only you could see.

Love is something powerful. With understanding and sincerity, it can blossom into something more.

y'all i- when i wrote the "just breathe" part i COULD NOT GET THE ARIANA GRANDE SONG OUT OF MY HEAD SO I COULDNT FOCUS IM SORRY IF THIS IS GARBAGE I DID NOT WANT TO KEEP @coke_and_a_smile (and u guys) WAITING AHHHH

but i hope you guys enjoyedddd and i hope you all are having an amazing day so far!!!