dabi's birthday special

hello everyone! dabi's birthday is officially today for me, and i couldn't miss it this year. i still feel like crap but anything for him am i right

Many years ago...

Dabi opened his eyes to find it was a foggy morning. He struggled to get out of bed, and he rubbed his eyes in an attempt to keep them open.

He tried to remember if he needed to do anything important today, but he heard a knock at his apartment door.

You were standing on the other side, a huge smile placed on your face, flowers and a gift box in your arms.

He fixed his hair up a bit, and he cautiously approached the door.

Dabi turned the knob, and slightly opened the door, not thinking of looking through the peep hole first.

His wary expression faltered, as he saw it was only you.

"Dabi!" you exclaimed.

"(Y/N)," he replied, looking down at what you brought along, "Whats with all of that?"

"Oh this?" you looked down, "It's for you, Dabi!"

"For what?"

Then he remembered.

It was his birthday today.

As he realized this, he felt something in his heart sting.

Dabi gulped, while a rose slipped from the bouquet.

You both instinctively reached for it, bumping heads instead.

You winced, dropping the rest of the flowers and the box on the ground.

Dabi gripped his head, squinting at what was in front of him.

Gasping, you hurried to pick up the mess, but ended up pricking yourself with the thorns that were not well cut off the roses.

You sighed, not realizing how close you were to Dabi, until you looked up and met his eyes.

His breath hitched, and a tsunami of thoughts ran through his head.

He thought about how he first encountered you, and how you cared for him ever since.

He remembered how you never gave up on him, even though he felt like the world was turning against him.

He thought about the feeling in his heart and stomach he had whenever he was around you.

Your face was slowly turning red, so you averted your eyes.

Dabi wanted to reach for your face, but you had already turned to grab the box you carried.

You shifted so you sat in a comfortable position, and you extended your arms to give Dabi your gift.

"Open it!" you cheered.

Dabi looked around, and he realized they were in the apartment hallway.

"How about we go inside first?"

"Oh, right!"

You both sat on the couch and you looked at Dabi with excitement.

Dabi hesitantly removed the red ribbon and lifted the lid.

He pulled out a dark colored coat and it knocked the box off from his lap.

It extended to the floor, and it Dabi wanted to try it on in an instant.

His eyes lit up, and he looked at you in awe.

"Well... I figured you would want some sort of a coat to keep you warm. It's pretty chilly this time around and I've never even seen you wear a jacket!"

Dabi couldn't help but let a smile form on his face.

"(Y/N)."

"Yes?"

"Thank you," he said as he pulled you in for a hug.

You tensed for a second, but melted into him arms.

You both pulled apart, and you gave him a small peck on his cheek.

He felt immense joy and happiness in his heart. Dabi never wanted to forget this moment, and he swore to never lose the gift that was now so precious to him.

no one:
younger me: i ThInK i GrEw ThE wOmAn BaLlS
HHHHHH im so cringy eee i hate thinking about my older one shots

hhhhh i tried to hurry this up. there was going to be more, but i gave up i'm tired

also if you remember my gray theme i love u, i decided it was time for a change though

in conclusion:

happy birthday dabi<3 you will always be my favorite, i'm never going to stop loving you BI-