one shot #5

hi everyone! i haven't been the most active so i hope this can make up for it!! this is inspired by one of my friends in real life, it's going to be a little angsty:,)

dabi x pro hero! reader (again:0)

-

I don't know why I still feel this way towards you. I know I should've been over you by now, but I'm not.

I don't know why everything keeps reminding me of you. Like when I was on a mission and I happened to see a porcupine, it reminded me of how spiky your hair is. Or how when I pick up a scent of cologne and I imagine you wearing it.

You said that you loved me, but that you couldn't be with me. So we parted ways, and we haven't seen each other in a long time. And when we did eventually see each other, you acted like I didn't exist and you went on doing bad things; and I couldn't stop you because it hurt to know that you saw me as a ghost.

I don't know why I gave all my love to you.  Maybe it was because you told me that when you saw me for the first time you thought I was the most beautiful person you ever saw. Or maybe it was because you told me that you loved the way my hair blew in the wind and how my scent made you feel a million butterflies in your stomach. Or maybe it was because you told me that you've never felt this way towards anyone before.

I fell for you. Hard. And when I finally told you that I was a hero, you looked like you're heart dropped a million feet. That's when mine dropped 2 million. Because right there and then, I realized what you were. I felt my palms start to sweat and my heartbeat go faster and faster. I just wanted to run away. I fumbled with my fingers and I couldn't say anything to you.

"I have to go. I can't be with you."

I'll remember the way you're voice changed when you said that; cold and stern.

Was I just a mission? An experiment? A joke? I remember feeling tears burning in my eyes; and how my vision got blurry. I reached my hand out for you but you were gone.

And now I can't ever get you out of my head. I thought we had something. I thought we were something. 

I actually loved you. I loved the way my hands fit in yours. I loved the way we would look into each other's eyes and see galaxies.

Why did I let my feelings get the best of me? I guess that's what happens when you think you're in love.  But I know I loved you. That's why it hurts so much.

I don't know when I'll stop loving you. I hope its soon because I miss being happy. But I also can't stand being without you.

Please forget about me, so that I'll forget about you.

Please don't let me see you, just so that I can get reminded of these feelings I have.

Please get out of my head, so that I won't have tears gushing from my eyes every time I remember something about you.

I know I'll find someone else. Or maybe I'll be just fine on my own. But I won't ever forget how you made me feel.

Even though I can't stand being without you, I know I won't feel this way forever.

I know I can't have you. And I know I shouldn't even be feeling this way anymore.

But you gave me a chance to love someone; you.