2

"Finally! I thought you'd never get here." Nashi placed her bag on the back of Jeremy's car, putting on the seatbelt as usual while she was taking off her wet blazer. "What took you so long?"

"Hey, I'm the one who should be asking you questions," Jeremy, meanwhile, handed over a plastic bag to put the wet clothes in for her convenience- his, too, especially since it's their car, of course. Yep. Their's. They saved up to buy the car together, even though only Jeremy knows how to drive this thing. "Why did he leave you here in the rain? That douche." Jeremy floored it to get out of this place; it must be so sad for Nashi to still witness the view, after all.

"Want to tell me why he broke up with you? Y'know, besides being a terrible person." He was trying to find ways to cheer her up, seeing as it's her second boyfriend that she's been cheated on. Plus, he was looking for a place to eat for both of them before he takes her home.

Nash rubs her nose, shrugging at the question. "He hasn't been as wonderful as he promised me he would be. Such that texting or calling me, tell me he loves me and the like. . ." She took the jacket Jeremy had brought over, wrapping it around herself. "And this breakup seemed to be the best option."

"In the rain? Really? You could've gotten sick."

"Is Jeremiah upset about Nash, hmm?" There she went again, dodging the question by teasing about her best friend's name. He knew exactly how to handle it.

"Yes, he is." Nash, admittedly, was taken aback herself at the sudden mature response. But remained unfazed to not let him receive satisfaction with what he thought was a good comeback. "The next time his best friend does this, he won't be there. H-He won't be sitting at home alone, he'd probably be dating someone and won't have enough time for Nash and-"

"Dude, chill. You can talk in your own pov now." And that, my friends, is just how witty Nashi is when it comes to sarcasm. Jeremy ended up almost making Nash hit the front window when he stepped on the stop pedal, facing her with a serious look.

"I'm not kidding around anymore. Start focusing on your studies instead of letting trashy boys get in your emotional way." Nash was used to this kind of talking from him; all she could do at the moment to prevent herself from getting all embarrassed was to fold her arms against her chest, pretending to be cool when all she wanted to say was she doesn't know how to do that. Jeremy was about to start driving again, towards her street, but Nash held on his arm,

"Wait. Let me sleep at your place for the night. I don't want Mom and Dad getting all. . .mushy about this again. They'll get the wrong idea."

🌱

Jeremy, like the friend he is, dropped her off to his place. Erza and Jellal were completely fine with it, trustworthy of their son not doing anything to her as they had been together since they were little kids.

Nash plopped herself on top of his bed, staring at the ceiling; meanwhile, Jeremy kept tapping on her knees to get out of her wet clothes before doing so. Nash, like the person she is, started taking off her shirt in front of him without precaution.

"Dude! Cover yourself up and get in the bathroom!" Jeremy looked the other way, refusing to let her get the best of him. Nashi wasn't affected by this as she was used to seeing him naked, too, sometimes, when he gets out of the shower and he's not aware of her presence there.

"Dude, it's not shit. Calm down," she smirks, lurking through his drawers for spare (oversized, preferably) shirts for her to wear for the night. "Hey, where's my favorite shirt of yours?"