6

THAT NIGHT, Gale decided to make it up for Rainbow by accompanying her to the mani-pedi treatment. By getting one himself, since it ought to not go to waste being included in the payment and all.

Nashi and Jeremy were left alone still swimming around, almost feeling that they had the pool to themself.

"We should make this more fun." Nashi suggested.

"How, pray tell?" Jeremy was floating on his back, looking at the stars.

"Holding your breath contest. Whoever wins in each round gets to ask the player something personal." That made her wiggle her eyebrows in amusement. "So?"

"Fine. I'm in. I'm kind of afraid of the water at night, though." Jeremy admits. "So, you shouldn't really rely on my strength tonight."

"Okay, whatever- go!" Nash gasped before going under, closing her eyes and holding her breath as she went.

30 seconds later, she got out of the water, only to see that Jeremy was still in it. She tapped on his head as a signal that she lost. "Okay. You win. What do you want to ask me?"

"Right," Jeremy coughs. "Hmm, I really can ask anything personal? Like, no hard feelings?"

Nashi shrugged in return. "Sure."

"Okay. Why do you like going out with random guys in our school so much? Sorry, if I offended you." Jeremy added the latter to avoid accidental fights.

"It's fine, but is that really how you think of me?"

"I mean, you went out with Ian, Oliver, Peter," Jeremy was still trying to understand his best friend. Maybe there was something she's going through that she couldn't bring it up unless it's through this kind of game. "So?"

"I feel a bit lonely sometimes." Nashi answered. "That's basically it. My Mom and Dad found each other before college. I kind of want to look for my forever boyfriend, too."

"Oh."

Nashi shakes off her arms in the air to get rid of the awkward atmosphere and jumped back in, before rising up again to face Jeremy. "Okay! My turn."

"Unfair! I didn't even get-"

"What would you say if a girl confessed to you?"

Jeremy blinked, completely taken aback from this. "Uh, wow, I'm actually not sure." He tried recollecting the old notes he made for himself at times like this.

"The most organized person I know is shaking." Nashi snickers. "Come on."

"Well, uh... it depends on who this girl is."

"Rain?" Nashi suggested, raising her arms.

"Yeah, the chances of that happening are zero."

"Okay, how about if I were that girl."

Time stopped between them. Jeremy couldn't believe his ears, what she asked of him. Nashi couldn't really think through, either. Maybe it was the water. They've clearly stayed in it for far too long.

"Oh, I, uh, I think we'd work out fine."

"What do you mean by that?"

"We have a lot in common. We've known each other for so long. And let's face it, our parents might've been planning this before we were even born." Both of them laughed at how accurate that would've been; if this had been a confession from both sides.

But instead, it felt ... weird. They had to look away and focus on something else to avoid getting back to the topic. Nashi was resting on the seat and Jeremy sat across her, drying off his hair.