8

Jeremy had been tossing and turning all night, nonstop thinking about what Gale said. About him and Nashi. The possibility of falling for each other. Date. Go out. Have fun. Treat each other. Or maybe split with their own budget (he knows how Nashi likes being equal between sexes). If their parents ever find out about this, they could be screwed. They'd go nuts and plan their 'wedding' in advance, which they wouldn't be thinking about currently since they'd just started and waiting to see where it goes and he's still thinking about this and not doing anything to improve the situation.

He finally mustered up the courage to jump up from his bed and knocked on Nashi and Rain's door. Nashi answered it.

"Nash, I--"

Instead of receiving a serious atmosphere he was trying to create between them, to lead up to where he asks her out more than just a friend, he got thrown with a pillow on his face. Laughter surrounded the room whereas Rain was the one who threw it at him--on purpose. Nashi rolls his eyes, pulling him in by the arm, to which he took differently than a simple grab.

"I better not see you crying alone in the corner there, Jer," said Nashi as she was sitting herself promptly on the bed, chugging her shot glass down.

"What took you so long to get here? OH, wait, maybe you're too scared to play the games tonight, huh? Scared getting a little drunk there, sport?" Rain teased, shuffling the cards in her hands.

"No, actually, he was thinking about having sex soon." Gale suggested, winking for his pal, which as expected, received a death glare from the bullied. Gale didn't stop there. "He has a girl in mind. Or person, whichever you prefer."

Nashi was a bit taken aback by the sound of the news as she held her cards, hidden from the three. "Wow, finally! Never thought you'd officially think about losing your virginity."

A pang of pain shot to his chest when he heard that coming from the girl he was planning on asking out. He had almost forgotten the fact that Nashi's no longer a virgin. That bastard, Ian took it.

"If you ask me, Jer does seem pretty out of sorts today. Ooh, is that your signal for horny?" Rain and Gale rooted for each other for coming up with as many burn jokes as they could together.

Meanwhile, Jer couldn't hear Nashi saying anything for that matter. It gave him a bit of hope. He was given his set of cards. "Nash? You okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" she looked up for a second to see him eye-to-eye before declaring, "I'm done. Who's ready to play?"

Jeremy found himself scrambling with his shaky fingers on how he should be holding his play cards right. Biting his lower lip to control his expression. The last time they played bullshit, he got caught 32 out of 36 times. This time, he ought to play differently. More boldly.

"I have an idea." Oh, Gale.

"Nothing sounds good when Gale says that line."

"Nah, come on, let's raise the stakes a little."

"I'm up for it." Nashi was the first to agree.

"That's my girl." The two got along well, as usual. The three of them were only waiting for Jeremy's 'approval'. And by approval, they mean him joining in the fun and be thrilling for once in his life. Be risky. To their surprise, he shrugged, leaned back and agreed with a nod.

"Give your best shot." The crowd howled with excitement at this new side of him shown tonight.

"Okay, okay, I'll get to decide the dares." Gale volunteered with his hand raised in the air without even asking anyone.

"How come you're in charge?" Rain found this utterly suspicious. "You better not make any gross jokes about taking advantage of the loser."

"Me? Gale Redfox? Advantage taker?" Gale brushed off the idea and went up to the desk, started writing down the list of dares he got in mind. What everyone outside their group doesn't know was that Gale is psychic. He could read your mind (most of the time), predict your future (a few seconds later), and at most, predict the perfect punishment for the losers of each game they play. He once figured Rain would fail finding her real lip tint under four plastic cups being switching around on table. As punishment, she was forced to not trim her eyebrows, not put any kind of make-up or skin care products for a whole week. It was more than enough for her to almost lose her mind on avoiding what she loves and does best.

Gale listed the following:

Nashi loses - has to go on streak around the hotel during nighttime 'til the end of the week

Jeremy loses - has to make out for seven minutes with one of the members of the group decided through spin-the-bottle

Rain loses - hair cannot be washed 'til the end of the week

Gale loses - has to be called loser for the entire week

"This sounds wrong. Yours is like, the easiest, bitch." Rain snatched the paper from his hands and looked at the other two to conjure better and worse ideas for their little sneaky friend's punishment.

"I think it's best if you guys gave up. There's no way I'm losing. I never lose."

Gale was about to eat his words the second he claimed that, his confidence.

"I got it." Nashi and Jeremy listened intently with open ears, closing in near to hear clearer. Rain is on fire today. "If Gale wins, we all do the dares."

"I don't like that idea already." Nashi was backing away.

"Yeah, I'm out."

"Guys, this is the best part," Rain raises a finger in the air, "but if not one of us, me, Jer and Nashi lose the game, Gale has to do every single dare he listed."

"Seems easy." Gale smirked, putting his hand out for the handshake of agreement to seal the deal. "I challenge you three. I hope y'all stay neutral before we begin. That way, it won't hurt as much when you lose."

Nashi, Jeremy, and Rain had a plan. To be united. To stand up and work as a team against the very arrogant Redfox sitting comfortably at his corner, waiting for his target to prey on. "Game on."