7

RAINBOW PLOPPED ON HER SIDE OF THE BED with her arms supporting her head as she rested on a pillow. Looking up at the ceiling of the room, she didn't hear a peep out of Nashi on the other side from what had just happened.

"you're not going to cry?"

"I don't get it. why did he have to react like that?" That's the Nashi she knew. Always at the ready with opening up how she feels about her friends. She rarely ever holds back.

"sometimes, he can just be the most childish man i know."

"you're only noticing this now?" rain snorted.

"I'm gonna sleep on this." Nashi tucks herself under the sheets and pretended to snore, when in reality, she wasn't sure how she felt about what Jeremy said. It's true that she wasn't thinking about the consequences of their actions, but he doesn't even know the whole story.

And Nashi intends on keeping it a secret for a while.

🌱

THE NEXT DAY, Jeremy had never felt so shitty as the idiot he was.

Gale was right beside him, snoring all night with his clothes flung anywhere his hands threw them, body parts that shouldn't be revealed- okay.

"I gotta apologize." was the first thing that popped into his mind. He jumped out of bed and put his sheet on top of Gale to get rid of the sight he hated to see the most. Then went straight to Nashi's room.

He hesitated, backing his hand away from the door, but he decided to close his eyes and let it happen. Nashi's his friend and he did her wrong. It wasn't out of spite or hate, it was..

"Jeremiah? What are you doing this early?!" Bow could've rolled her eyes if they had been open at the moment, but instead, she clicked her tongue and stomped her foot like a spoiled child who didn't get her favorite toy.

"Isn't Nashi with you?" Jeremy tried peeking over her head and noticed her bed was empty.

"She went out."

"Out where?"

"What else do you do at a resort?"

"Other than swimming? Drinking, maybe."

Rain waited for him to react to his own conclusion. However, it took him more time to realize before her anticipation came true.

Right when Jeremy ran out of the building, Rain closed the damn door and buried herself into the cushions' softness for comfort.

Surely enough, Jeremy saw her in one of her bathing suits, swimming alone in the lengthy pool. No one was around, other than elders who woke up this early to tan their skin. Meanwhile, he continued rehearsing his apologetic speech inside his head.

Tightening his fist, focusing his vision on his subject, he decided to make a run towards her. "Nashi!" he screamed at first. "I'm sorry I said all those things to you! I didn't mean it."

Nashi rose up from the water when she heard the mumbling voice underneath rhe surface, only to see a Jeremy running, slipping over himself and into the water on the kiddie side of the pool. She couldn't help but laugh at how surprised she was.

Nashi wasn't the type to hold a grudge for far too long, anyway. Maybe teasing him for what he said is more like it.

Jeremy swam to her side, barely catching a breath. "I'm sorry..." he sputtered and repeated. "I'm so sorry.."

She sighed, dipping under once more before she faced him again.

"Why, what is it?"

"I was checking out to see if you got hurt. And you did, dumbass." Nashi pulled him by the arm and swam back to get on the stairs. She pulled his leg and saw how red his ankle went. "Didn't you read the sign? No running on wet floors!"

"I was guilty about last night. I didn't care about anything. I mean, if anything, I deserved it." Nashi looked at him with worried eyes, swallowing.

"In any case, you're forgiven." Nashi helped him up. "Can you walk?"

"I'm not weak-" Jeremy bit his lower lip, muffling the scream that was supposed to come out earlier. Nashi didn't utter a word, getting his arm around her neck and helped him walk on her pace.

"You big baby."

🌱

"Jeremy can't swim."

"Ha! I knew it." Gale called it, gesturing his hand by Bow's side. "Give me it."

Bow rolled her eyes, pushing the joker's hand away. "We didn't bet on that."

"You guys bet on me..?" Jeremy blinked at the realization and gasped. "You guys are enjoying my miseries?!"

"It was just a joke." Gale turned to Bow. "Did you really have to shout that loud?"

"Some friends you are." Jeremy sat back on the towel they laid on the sand of the resort. All four of them spending the night together under the moonlight.

"It could've been romantic here.." Nashi said out of the blue.

"Why, you miss Ian?"

"No. In general, couples would've been cuddling right now." Jeremy blinked once more, dumbfounded. He looked at his own hand and attempted to.

"Don't even try." Jeremy heard her voice inside his head, closing his eyes as a reflex. However, looking at her state, she didn't say anything when he was trying to wrap his arm around her. Once his hand softly landed on the other shoulder, he breathed.

"What's this I see?" Gale tapped on his chin.

"Nothing." Jeremy took off his arm from her side. Nashi rubbed her shoulders herself and lied on her back, instead.

"We could use some booze." Rain suggested, staring at Jeremy.

"Hello, broken ankle here."

"Stop being weak." Rain flipped her hair and dragged Nashi, instead.

Jeremy was going to take her place, but Gale decided it was his turn to talk to him. "How are things with Nash?"

"What do you mean?" Nashi and Rain had already gone across the sandy area to look for "refreshments".

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I don't plan on making a move on her." If that's what Gale was hoping for.

"Then, when? Once she goes back together with that Ian guy? Huh?" Gale could be an annoying meddler when he wants to. Especially when it comes to relationships. "Overnight. Resort. Friends. Vulnerability. Nashi is looking for someone. If it's not going to be you, you're blowing your chance."

Jeremy looked afar, ignoring what he had just said. So what if she finds someone else suitable for her? So what if they remain friends? They have a week. He has a week. No, why is he counting deadlines?

No, he shouldn't. should he?