IV: white queen

"on such a breathless night as this."

Juliet and Caspian had left the house with the badger, Trufflehunter and dwarf, Nikabrik, eager to follow

Juliet and Caspian had left the house with the badger, Trufflehunter and dwarf, Nikabrik, eager to follow. They had simply told the Narnians it was too dangerous, they were going to gather an army and fight back Miraz to claim the throne for Caspian and let the Narnians live free again and not just in hiding. Trufflehunter had explained that by blowing the horn, Caspian had summoned the kings and queens of old and they were on their way. Juliet thought this intimidated Caspian.

"This is a bad idea." Juliet said. "I mean how old are these people going to be? Kings and queens of old, fifty?"

Caspian rolled his eyes. "Be quiet Juliet." He listened around before spotting a badger ear from behind a tree. "We can see you." He said and Trufflehunter appeared with Nikabrik.

"I just think we should wait for the kings and queens." Trufflehunter said to Caspian who was pretending to listen but really just wanted to be rid of them both, he started to walk away. "Fine! Go then. See if the others will be as understanding."

"Or maybe I'll come with you." Nikabrik taunted Caspian. "I wanna see you explain things to the minotaurs."

Juliet stopped and looked at her brother, then at Nikabrik. "Minotaurs? They're real?" She asked, eyes wide and with the mannerisms of a five year old.

"And very bad tempered." Trufflehunter said, walking past the Telmarines as if he were leading the way.

"Yeah, not to mention big." Nikabrik added. Juliet narrowed her eyes at him and he walked off with Trufflehunter.

"Huge." The badger added.

"Maybe they're bigger than your ego, Cas." Juliet laughed quietly, receiving a quick glare from her brother. "What about centaurs?" She continued to ask.

"Well the centaurs will probably fight on your side, but there's no telling what the others will do." Trufflehunter told them.

"What about Aslan?" Everyone turned to look at Caspian who'd been quiet this whole time.

Nikabrik gave them one of his grumpy looks again. "How do you know so much about us?"

"Stories." Caspian told them like they were stupid or something.

Trufflehunter looked up, surprised. "Wait a minute, your father told you stories about Narnia?"

Caspian shot a look at Juliet who's face had dropped. Although Caspian had known his father for a brief amount of time, Juliet had been born merely three months before he was killed, and then their mother had died almost a year later leaving five year old Caspian to look after his sister. "No, our Professor. Listen I'm sorry, these are not the kind of questions you should be asking." Caspian grabbed his sisters hand and pulled her past the creatures.

Trufflehunter took several sniffs in the air. "What is it?" Nikabrik asked.

"Human." The badger said.

"Him?"

"No, them." Trufflehunter pointed at a line of angry Telmarine bowmen coming toward them.

"Shit." Juliet cursed.

"Don't swear!" Caspian told her as he shouted run and they ran like hell. Juliet could see that they were shooting by the arrows landing on the trees in front of her. The four of them continued to dodge the arrows before Trufflehunter was shot in the leg.

"Caspian!" Juliet shouted. Her brother ran over to the badger and tended to him as the men got closer. Juliet then saw something she never thought she'd see, one of the soldiers spotted something in the bracken and before the others knew it he fell to the ground. Juliet watched as one by one the soldiers fell to the ground.

Caspian gave up and picked Trufflehunter over his shoulder, running back to his sister. The soldiers continued to shout and drop like flies, until soon, there was only one left. "Get him out of here." Caspian handed the badger to his sister who passed him down to Nikabrik and drew her sword.

"Caspian be careful." Juliet said as the last soldier dropped and the rustling came closer to them.

"Not another step Juliet, do you hear me!" Caspian shouted at his sister who obeyed. She watched as the culprit jumped up at her brother and he fell to the ground.

"Choose your last words carefully, Telmarine!" The mouse shouted at Caspian who looked very shell-shocked.

"You are a mouse." Caspian said. Juliet sighed heavily. For goodness sake.

"I was hoping for something a little more original but that will do." The mouse looked just as unimpressed as her. "Pick up your sword."

"Uh, no thanks." Caspian replied.

"Pick it up! I will not fight an unarmed man."

"Which I why I might live longer if I choose not to cross blades with you, noble mouse." Caspian tried, he really tried.

"Reepicheep!" A voice came from behind Juliet. It was Trufflehunter. "Stay your blade."

"Trufflehunter! I trust you have a reason for this untimely interruption." The mouse, Reepicheep snapped. As Juliet helped her brother up.

"Why do they all have long names?" She whispered.

"He's the one, who blew the horn." The badger finished. The mouse stared up at Caspian and Juliet.

"Then let him bring it forward." Juliet jumped as the voice came from the side of her, she squeezed Caspian's arm. There were many centaurs standing in front of them, followed by minotaurs and fawns. "This is the reason we have gathered."

"So this is our fault." Juliet whispered to herself.

🖤