VI: somebody to love

"can anybody, find me, somebody to love."

"No Juliet

"No Juliet." Caspian walked threw the tunnels with pride as his little sister almost tumbled after him. They'd found a place the Narnians had named as their safe place. A sanctuary for their rebellion, but Juliet felt something there, like it was more than that, like it meant something.

Caspian being stubborn and a dickhead had decided he was going to attack the Telmarine base where they were building a bridge. Building a bridge to get across to the Narnian woods, probably because of Caspian and Juliet. Well Juliet had begged Caspian to let her go and she'd been denied an answer three times and now she was getting irate.

"You know I can fight with a sword. I have my daggers as well, Caspian please!" Juliet stopped her brother with her arm got in front of him.

Caspian sighed heavily. "No, I don't want you getting hurt." He said this calmly but inside he knew too well his sister was an even better swordsman than him. Probably the best in Telmar.

And who should walk in at this perfect time, Nikabrik. "Let the girl come." He growled. "Maybe I can use her as a shield if I get shot at." Caspian shot a glare at the dwarf before turning back to his sister and nodding gently.

"Yes!"

XXX

"No!" Edmund Pevensie was walking upfront with his brother Peter, who thought he knew where he was going. He didn't really. "This isn't the right way Pete, I'm telling you we should go back to where Lucy saw Aslan."

Peter sighed, he knew the Great River was just beyond these wood, the only problem then would be getting over it. They'd taken a shortcut after they reached a gorge with no way over, Lucy had thought she'd seen Aslan and Edmund thought maybe she had. She wasn't a stupid child.

They reached the clearing before they heard the voices. When they parted the trees they could see that there were hundreds of Telmarine soldiers working on what looked to be a bridge. "Great job, Peter." Susan said as they all crouched behind a pile of logs.

"What are they doing?" Peter asked no one in particular.

"What does it look like, they're looking for your mates. The Telmarines turned Narnians. Now they know we still exist, they're after us." Trumpkin said.

"Lucy, where did you say you saw Aslan?" Peter said, feeling defeated inside. Lucy smirked at Edmund.

The siblings walked back to the gorge and Lucy walked back and forth trying to remember where she'd seen Aslan. Trumpkin stood at the back rolling his eyes every time one of the Pevensies said something.

"I think I saw him... right over... wow!" The ground beneath Lucy gave way and she fell. Her other siblings rushed and cried her name but looked down to see she was stood perfectly upright, a metre below them. "Here." She smiled up at them as they joined her. Trumpkin only hoped they'd get back to his own kind soon.

Night fell and as the Pevensies set up camp for the night, Caspian and Juliet were ready to take a few of their new companions to raid the Telmarines camp near the Great River. "Okay so do we have an actual plan or?" Juliet trailed after her brother as they walked out into the sunlight that was left.

"All we have to do is sneak in, steal what weapons they have and sneak back out." Caspian explained as Juliet glanced over at Glenstorm.

"We're not very good at that Cas, are you sure?" Juliet smiled at him as they started their journey towards the river.

They reached it just before dark fell. There were a few patrollers and Juliet recognised a fair few of them. One of them had taught her how to handle a sword, Glozelle the most well known Telmar General. "Juliet!" Caspian whispered over to her. "You go with Glenstorm and Reepicheep over that way, I'll take the others." He pointed to a crate that looked full of arrows and bows. She nodded and followed Glenstorm.

"Is it this crate?" Reepicheep asked.

Juliet nodded. "I think so. What did we need to do again?"

"Tie the rope to my back." Glenstorm told her. "It had wheels and it's well secured so I should be able to get it back to the sanctuary in one piece."

Reepicheep and Juliet struggled to get the rope tied to Glenstorm but when they had managed it, he was gone in a flash. "Ugh, m'lady?"

"Yes Reep?" Juliet turned to the mouse to see he was staring at five soldiers running towards them. "Well, we'll have to fight them then."

Juliet swung her sword round her head and prepared herself. Then she swung again, the solider ducked but was kicked in the head and fell backwards into the sand. The second solider tried to stab the girl from behind but she crouched swiftly and he rolled over her back, she stabbed her sword into his foot and he cried out in agony. When the third saw she wasn't taking any shit he tried to stab her but ended up getting his neck snapped instead.

Reepicheep looked up at the teenage girl. "So, you are good with a sword then." He said, impressed.

"Thanks to my older brother." She winked and they ran into the woods before anymore lives could be lost. Caspian and the others were waiting for them.

"What happened?" Juliet asked him.

He sighed. "They saw us straight away, but we dealt with it. And I left Uncle Miraz a little message." Caspian have his sister a smirk before they travelled back to the sanctuary. But soon enough they wouldn't be on their own anymore.

🖤