XII: love of my life

"love of my life, you've hurt me."

"They should be here, right?" Juliet said to her centaur companion as they both stared across the huge glade watching Miraz load his troops in

"Just stay calm, it's a nice summers day the last thing I need is a little ice." Glenstorm said as he checked his own troops behind him. "I hope Susan and Lucy are okay."

"They'll be fine." Juliet shielded the sun with her eyes as she looked back to the How. "Here they are."

The Telmarines watched as Edmund and Peter emerged from the entrance. Peter was about to fight to the death with Miraz and it would take Juliet's whole strength to make sure she didn't leap at him as well.

Miraz stared over at the competition with murder on his mind. "If it should appear to be going poorly." He murmured to Glozelle and gestured to the crossbow as Juliet watched him intently.

"Understood, your majesty."

Miraz stood up as Peter and Edmund reached the so called 'arena'. Edmund gave Peter his sword and his brother breathed in deeply. "Don't worry Pete, he is about fifty." Juliet narrowed her eyebrows, but the comment put a smile on Peter's face.

The two kings walked towards each other, everyone froze and not just because of Juliet. They circled like predators before Miraz spoke up.

"There is still time to surrender." He told Peter who scoffed at his offer.

"Well feel free." Peter said sternly.

Miraz looked over at Juliet. "How many more must die for the throne?"

"Just one." Peter lunged forwards with his sword and clashed it into Miraz's. Peter had a strong start as Juliet started thinking of sarcastic comments she could spit at her Uncle's corpse.

Edmund looked over and grabbed Juliet's hand, flashing her one of his cheeky smiles. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." She breathed out as a shiver took over her body. "Where's Caspian?"

Edmund looked around cautiously. "I don't know."

Meanwhile Caspian was riding his horse back with Susan, Lucy had gone on without her older sister after they'd been ambushed but they both knew she'd be okay.

Miraz glared at Peter. "Tired?"

"You wish." Peter launched at him again, clearly gaining the upper hand. Suddenly, Miraz pushed the young boy to the floor and stood on his shield. Miraz went to stab Peter but he rolled away, Edmund knew his brother was struggling but he couldn't do anything.