V: don't stop me now

"tonight, i'm gonna have myself a real good time."

Caspian was trying so hard to get them all to shut up

Caspian was trying so hard to get them all to shut up. It had fallen dark when they'd finally arrived at the place Reepicheep, the centaurs and their other Narnian companions were taking them. It was almost like a council meeting. Back at the Telmar castle when they had council meetings Caspian and Juliet would sneak themselves up to the balconies and make noises. This caused a lot of irritation but no one every found out it was then, apart from their Professor Cornelius.

The ruckus continued and Juliet stood next to her brother, she remained close to him in case any fights were to break off, with his arm ready and shielding her.

Caspian turned to his sister as they started shouting things such as 'kill him', 'murderer' and 'treachery', she clenched onto his arm and just clasped her eyes shut tight and hoped they would stop soon, or that Caspian might see he was a destined leader and actually take charge for once. But it wasn't him to break control, it was Nikabrik.

"All this horn proves, is that they've stolen yet another things from us!" The angry dwarf shouted at the two siblings.

Caspian didn't react, he calmly replied with, "we didn't steal anything from you." Lies. Juliet thought to herself. It wasn't the word 'we' they should be using it was Miraz.

"You didn't steal anything?!" A Minotaur bellowed from the circle that surrounded the two young Telmarines. "Show me a list of things the Telmarines have taken."

"Our homes!"

"Our land!"

"Our freedom!"

Juliet glared down at Nikabrik as he started to look pretty pleased with himself, and she hated it. She hoped that soon he would pay for how evil he was. The list continued.

"Our villages!"

"Our lives!"

Juliet had had enough. "Oh! And so you're going to hold us accountable for the crimes of our people?" She shouted, angrily. She was not about to be compared to her Uncle.

"Accountable." Nikabrik made his way down from the rock he was standing on. "And punishable." Caspian stood I front of Juliet as soon Nikabrik was at her feet.

"Aha!" Reepicheep jeered in the distance. "That is rich coming from you dwarf or have you forgotten it was your people that fought alongside the White Witch?" He finished and looked up to Juliet who nodded a thanks.

Nikabrik flocked the mouses sword away. "And I'd gladly do it again. If it would rid of some of these barbarians."

"Don't you dare call my sister a barbarian! She's only fifteen!" Caspian spat at him.

"Then it's lucky that it is not in your power to bring her back." Trufflehunter moves forward, also protecting the children. "Or are you suggesting we ask this boy to go against Aslan now?" The badger finished and Juliet looked up at Caspian, a worried look in her eyes. If it's anything she was afraid of most, it was her brother getting hurt.

The crowd of Narnians started the noise again, Caspian couldn't tell if they were cheering or mocking.

"Some of you may have forgotten, but we badgers remember well, that Narnia was never right. Except when a son of Adam was King and daughter of Eve stood by his side." Trufflehunter continued and this made Nikabrik very angry.

"He's a Telmarine." The dwarf shouted. "Why would we want him as our king?"

More unidentifiable noise.

"Because we can help you." Juliet said, gesturing to her brother to carry on. This was his time, he'd blown that bloody horn and now he had to sort out this mess he'd dragged them into.

"Beyond these woods, we are royalty and I am a prince. The Telmarine throne is rightfully mine! Help me claim it, and I can bring peace between us." Caspian said. The noise died down and Juliet felt a sudden relief.

One of the centaurs Juliet knew to be named Glenstorm stepped forward. "It is true. The time is right. I watch the skies for it is mine to watch - as it is yours, to remember badger." He said, referring to Trufflehunter. "Tarva, the Lord of victory and Alambil the Lady of peace have come together in the high heaven. Now here, the son of Adam and the daughter of Eve have come forth to offer us our freedom."

"Is this possible?" The squirrel in the tree made Juliet jump. "Do you really think there could be peace - do you? I mean really?"

Caspian looked at his sister who pushed him forward. "Two days ago," he started. "We didn't believe in the existence of talking animals, not dwarves or centaurs. Yet, here you are, in strength and numbers that we Telmarines could never have imagined. Whether this horn is magical or not, it brought us together."

"And together," Juliet said, joining her brother. "We have a chance to take back what is ours."

Glenstorm stepped forward again. "If you will lead us, then my sons and I offer you our swords." All the centaurs picked up their swords and held them up to Caspian and Juliet smiled the brightest smile. The fawns and minotaurs held theirs up as well.

"Is that a good thing?" Juliet whispered to Reepicheep.

"Yes m'lady." He said, also brandishing his own sword. "It is. And we offer you our lives, unreservedly." The mouse bowed and Juliet couldn't help but let a little giggle escape her lips.

"Miraz's army will not be far behind us, sire." Trufflehunter said.

"If we are to be ready for them, we need to hurry to find soldiers and weapons." Caspian said. "I'm sure they will be here soon." He told Glenstorm.

Juliet was sure he meant the kings and queens. Meanwhile she was thinking about them, and a certain king was thinking about her, Trumpkin had told the four children about the Telmarine prince and princess, Edmund only hoped he would make a good impression.

Little did he know.

🖤