VII: another one bites the dust

"ain't no sound but the sound of his feet."

Juliet was sat in a tree

Juliet was sat in a tree. This wasn't unusual for her, well not now anyway. Caspian had set out a boarder around the sanctuary in case the Telmarines came looking for their stolen weapons. She'd managed to climb a tree with the help of her new minotaur friend whom she'd grown quite fond of. She was sat on a branch with her back to the trunk, maybe five or six metres up and was patrolling the area.

"Juliet! Be careful!" Caspian shouted up to her from one side of the tree. "And remember to land on your feet if you fall."

"Useful, thanks." Juliet murmured. Her attention was quickly turned when she saw a blonde haired boy with piercing blue eyes that even she could see from the tree, he was walking towards the minotaur, sword at the ready. "Caspian!" She whispered sharply but her brother had already seen the danger and a clash of two swords followed.

Juliet watched as the two boys fought, there was a rustle in the bushes below and she could see a small girl, maybe about twelve or just a bit older. "Shit." She thought about jumping down but didn't really feel like getting impaled by a sword, well not then anyway.

"Peter stop!" The small girl ran out from the bushes. She had seen the amount of Narnians hanging round and Reepicheep had spotted Juliet in the tree and laughed. Caspian looked at 'Peters' sword and gasped.

Caspian glared at the other boy with his sword still at the ready. "Prince Caspian?"

"Yes. And who are you?" Caspian asked and Juliet rolled her eyes out loud.

"Peter!" An older girl appeared behind the smaller one followed by the dwarf that'd disappeared when Juliet had been knocked out and a handsome dark haired boy. The dwarf looked around and saw Trufflehunter and Nikabrik, he nodded at them.

Caspian looked down at the strangers sword. "High King Peter." He stated. More eye rolling.

"I believe you called." Peter responded. Juliet thought he was slightly big headed to be speaking the way but if they were here to help, she knew Caspian would need it.

"Well yes but, I thought you'd be older." Caspian said.

"Well if you'd like, we can come back in a few years." Peter turned to leave.

"No!" Juliet jumped down and landed on her feet. The Pevensies siblings all looked at her in awe as sheathed her sword back into place. "What my brother meant to say was, you weren't what we were expecting."

Peter nodded at the younger girl. "Then you must be Princess Juliet?" He asked.

"Yes, thanks but I much prefer Juliet." She smiled around and caught Edmund's eye, he smiled at her before blushing slight shade of pink.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes." Trufflehunter said. Juliet loved it when he came out with things like that, almost philosophical.

"We anxiously awaited your return, my leige." Reepicheep approached Peter and looked up at him. "Our hearts and swords are at your service." He bowed.

"Oh my gosh, he is so cute." Juliet saw the younger girl, Lucy, whisper to her older sister, Susan.

Reepicheep swung his sword round. "Who said that?"

"Sorry." She replied.

"Oh, sorry your highness." The mouse bowed again.

"Alright Reepicheep, you can't continue to threaten people when they tell the truth now, what did I tell you?" Juliet laughed at him as he ran to stand by the girl he'd taken quite a shine to. "Well then, now you know some of us can handle a blade."

"We thought you'd like to know we've put our skills to use collecting weapons or your army, sire." Reepicheep finished.

"Good, because we're going to need every sword we can get." Peter turned to look at Caspian again.

"Well then, you'll probably be wanting yours back." Caspian handed the sword back over. Peter took it and sheathed it before beginning to lead the journey back to the sanctuary, Aslan's How.

Edmund Pevensies could see the young Telmarine princess trailing along behind him, now maybe it was too early to say but he thought she was beautiful. He so wanted to have a conversation with her but he just couldn't think of what to say-

"So then, you must be Edmund the Just."

So he was glad she decided to start the conversation instead.

"Yes, I am. And you're Juliet?" He asked, knowing fully well the answer was yes.

"Mhm, Caspian's younger sister." Juliet replied with a smile at made Edmund want to smile forever.

"This might be a rude question but, why does your brother have an accent and you don't?" Edmund asked her.

"Well, my parents died pretty much after I was born so I spent a lot more time with our Professor, who isn't a Telmarine. So I never picked up an accent, consider myself lucky sometimes." Juliet laughed. "And sometimes I don't understand a word my brother's saying."

Edmund and Juliet continued to laugh and joke before they finally came to Aslan's How and Juliet went to join her brother, who'd been tense since Peter's arrival. Centaurs stood either side of the entrance and held up their swords as the four Pevensies walked through and the Telmarine royals followed.

"You don't like them, do you?" Juliet whispered.

"They're okay, it's Peter I'm beginning to dislike." Caspian stared straight forward as he instantly answered his sisters question.

"Don't worry Cas, you're as good a leader as him. Trust me." Juliet said, but she couldn't help but think this wasn't going to end well, at all.

When they entered the sound of metal clashes came from within. Caspian stopped with Peter and Ed but Ed's eyes followed Juliet who was walking with his sisters. "It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensive." Caspian told the two younger boys.

"Peter." Susan called him from the tunnel she was standing at with Lucy and Juliet. "You may want to see this."

Peter and Edmund walked over to the three girls, followed by Caspian. Susan held her torch and shone it left to right revealing carvings in the stone. The carvings showed four people, each standing next to a throne and many other, but the one that caught Juliet's eye was the one with a lamppost, and a fawn with an umbrella. "It's us." Susan said, clarifying what everyone else was thinking.

"What is this place?" Lucy asked Caspian and Juliet.

Caspian looked down at his sister. "You don't know?" He picked up another torch from the hanger and guided Peter through the tunnel, Edmund waiting for Juliet at the back.

Caspian led them to a dark room and he looked at his sister. "I'm guessing you're looking at me like that because you want to do this?"

Juliet jumped a centimetre off the ground and ran up to him, carefully taking the torch and placing it in what Edmund thought was a trough. Then the fire travelled along the trough and the whole place lit up, it was amazing. When the fire lit the end of the room it revealed a stone lion and a broken table in the middle.

As soon as Peter realised what this place was, he flipped.

Big time.

🖤