Chapter Twenty One

"Don't ever let the past haunt you, it's the past, forget it and focus on the present." Unknown

Hamads pov

"..you've changed"

What the hell does that mean? Does he know my wife? How? I am so confused.

Aisha is now coughing so hard, I bet she had something cold in her sisters house. I'm patting her back and Sulaiman is glaring at me.

He is Adnans older brother, we're acquaintances maybe, but we know each other. When Aishas cough subside I gave Sulaiman a look that says 'won't you let us in?' He cleared his throat and move aside, he still has the look of hurt and- betrayal? He really is acting creepy today, weird even.

We entered Adnans house and we both sat on the sofa, Aisha has tears in her eyes, this cold is really getting to her.

I ask her if she's okay she look up to me with a small smile saying she's okay, I'm not convinced tho.

Adnan and his wife enter the living room where we're sitting, Adnan pat my shoulders and we greeted each other.

"Finally Hamad, today you brought your wife to my house." Adnans wife, Amina says with a smile.

My wife and Adnans wife start talking to each other in a low tone as if they've known each other for a while, with a laugh occasionally.

After some minutes, Amina stood up and walk to the kitchen to bring water and drinks for us, she came back in with Suleiman, whose eyes are bloodshot now. I thank Amina when she handed me a drink.

Sulaiman on the other hand has been staring at Aisha since when he entered the room, he is annoying me wallah, and not to mention how he sat opposite to her.

"So man, I've been expecting you like 3hours ago." Adnan stated.

"Yeah, I've got carried away. Sorry!" I answer absentmindedly.

"Ay! No worries, so how's life?" He asks.

That nigga is still staring at Aisha, and i am sure from the way she duck her head down, he is making her uncomfortable.

"Aisha how are you feeling now?" I ask my wife and glaring at Sulaiman.

"I'm fine bubbles, don't worry." She answers looking directly into my eyes, and from the way her eyes are darting, I know she's lying.

Amina and Adnan are looking at us in 'awe' while Sulaiman is looking at us with disgust and he still has that betrayal look.

"Aisha how could you do this to me?" Sulaiman asks, his voice so low.

"How could i? Or how could you?" Aisha repeated his question, okay, what's really going on? What are they talking about and how did they know each other?

"I have a reason, but you? You betrayed me, you lied to me." Sulaiman says, his voice cracking.

"Alright, what's going on?" I ask, at the same time Adnan said, "I told you to leave the house before they come,"

Huh?!

"What reason? Huh? You humiliated me by calling it off at the last minute." Aisha says while sniffing, I don't know if it's because of her cold or if she's crying.

"Can you guys tell us what you're talking about?" Amina ask in a calm voice, but i think she had idea.

"You guys wanna know? Okay, I'll tell you." Sulaiman yelled, Aisha flinched, this man is getting on my last nerves I swear.