Chapter Thirty Six

"Allah has saved you from harm more times than you will ever know, never be ungrateful, and just keep in mind that everything happens for a reason." Unknown🤸🏾‍♂️

Hamads pov

"Miscarriage is very common occurring in ten to forty percent of confirmed pregnancies, sometimes there are no signs and symptoms which i assume it's exactly as your wifes. And about half of all early miscarriages happen because of a problem in the way the genetic material from the egg and spam have combined during fertilization, it can be difficult to find out why it occurred but it is more likely to be due to random change than to any underlying problem with either parent imbalances in pregnancy hormones or problems in the immune system, and some serious infection are also thought to cause miscarriage." The doctor finished explaining, he has been demonstrating with his hands when he was explaining.

"I just hope it won't affect her next pregnancy." The doctor add, my eyes widened.

"You think it will?" I ask, I'm frighted.

He smile, "May be and maybe not, I'm not sure."

I nod, Ya Allah see us through, I've been numb since the doctor announced my wifes condition some hours ago.

"Here are some medicines, she should take them twice daily and she'll be fine in no time." I take the paper from him.

"Thank you doctor." He smile with a nod, "You're welcome." He says, i stood up and leave the office.

I walk towards Aishas room, i still didn't see her, my mum, Halsey and brother left already, Hisham is standing right in front of the door to Aishas room, "Is everything fine?" He asks.

"Yes...." i clear my throat, as it came out husky, "....yes the doctor said she'll be fine in no time." He pat my shoulders with a smile, "She'll be fine man, you can go see her, we're taking our leave too." As if on cue Mama came out of the room, she smiled at me, "Aisha is recovering." I smile back at her.

"Thank you Mama." I say, "Anytime, it's getting late, we'll get going please don't forget to eat." She says with a smile, i nod and smile back at her, and just like that they left with a wave.

I turn the knob of the door and open it, well here comes nothing.

Aisha is sitting on the hospital bed, with IV in her hand staring into space. I clear my throat to get her attention, she turn to look at me, she is wearing an unreadable expression on her face, i smile weakly at her.

She starts calmly, her voice so calm with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Hamad where have you been? Tell me why am i here? The doctor said i lost my baby, it's a lie isn't it Hamad??! Tell me, stop looking at me and tell m—" She use her hands to wipe her tears, unstoppable tears, "....my baby is fine right? Please tell me everything is fine Hamad." A sob escapes her lips, i wrap my arms around her in an embrace, rubbing my hands up and down her back in a soothing manner.

"Everything will be fine baby, In shaa Allah, soon." I continue rubbing her back, she wraps her right hand, which doesn't have the IV attached to, around my torso.

"Is it true? My baby th—" "Shh!" I cut her short, she place her left hand on her stomach, and that's when my eyes starts to water.

I pull back from the hug, wipe her tears and sat down beside her then hold her hand in mine, "Aisha you have to listen to me, no interruptions ok?" She nod her head. "You slipped in the kitchen floor and which unfortunately make you lose our baby." I look at her to gauge her reaction, she smiled at me, a bitter smile while shaking her head, "No, no Hamad, don't lie to me too, you're my husband." I start caressing her hand with my thumb, "By Allah i am not lying, as sad as it may sound it's true." A tear escape my eye.