𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

Chapter 4:

Scratch scratch

You open your eyes, blinking exaggeratedly to try and focus on the source of the annoying noise.

A faint brown figure totters over to you, now close enough to be identified as a bear. You scream, throwing your hands in front of you for protection as the animal freezes suddenly.

You eyes widen. The bear is literally balancing on one paw, its eyes mid-blinking.

You stretch your hand out once again, flexing it a little. The bear cub continues to totter toward you playfully as if nothing had happened.

Gulping, you recall the yellow hooded prince, newly known as Jimin, saying:

Its magic, Y/n.

You should know that.

Could this be what he meant? Or could you be hallucinating?

Making the most of your dream, you stroke the cub's shaggy fur, sure that it was the same cub you caught a glimpse of dancing in the forest a day before. It calms your stress for while until the bear disappears, and you huddle up in the corner of the room, drifting into sweet dreams and unaware of what had just occurred.

After about an hour, Cobby shakes your shoulder violently.

•"Y/n, I saw yous earlier. Yous 'ave magic."

•"I was dreaming.." You moan, stretching out of your uncomfortable curled-up position with a dry mouth and throat. You turn half-way around to face him and stop.

... wait. If you were dreaming, how would Cobby have known?

There is just about enough light streaming through the cell's barred porthole to make out a snigger plastered on his wrinkled and ugly face.

•"Was you? Ya know, I felt that way, 'cos how's that-"

Cobby's eyes are averted and his mouth drops open, letting out a little gasp and slowly turning into a grin.

He scuttles away into the darkness of the cell, returning with his hand outstretched centimetres infront of your face. A yellow pendant glows happily on the centre of his palm.

You quickly snatch it from his bony clasp and put it safely in your bra cup.

He grunts and drags himself toward his assigned corner of the cell, and within a few minutes, starts to snore loudly.

•"Thanks." You whisper, your voice echoing around the cell so that you're talking to yourself.

•"For what?" A dark and raspy voice boomed in reply from behind the cell bars.

But it wasn't your voice. It was Yoongi's. You tremble with fear. This is it. This is the day you die.

•"Tell me, Y/n, what did you use magic for?" Namjoon growls.

You're still scared - no doubt - but your pulse slows a little knowing the humble man with leadership is present. Maybe you won't die, after all.

•"... Oh, you'd better reply, considering you didn't even have the audacity to tell us in the first place that you could kill us all with a simple flick of your hand."

•"We can do that too, you know. Although, I'd much rather give you a slow and painful death. You're lucky you're still alive, to be fair." Jimin hisses.

Oh.

"Um, actually..." You mumble.

"I think you're all nuts."

Chapter 5:

Oops. Wrong step. Move backwards.

... but you can't, because this isn't one of those board games you were forced to play with your father's trade interest's children.

No, this was literally a life or death situation.

And you had just been dumb enough to think you were dreaming.

Your cell door is kicked open and you scream as your body is dragged along the cold stone floor, strong fingers digging into your wrists.

You let out a sharp cry.

•"Yoongi!" Hoseok hisses, pulling you out of the bad-tempered prince's grip and dropping you back on the floor where you scuttle into the shadows.

•"Think about the ways we can use her. She's our rival city's heir, for god's sake. We might not be able to torture her physically, but we sure as hell can torture her emotionally."

There's silence, and your body is pulled upwards as your hands are tied behind you back.

•"Fix the door, Jungkook," Namjoon grumbles behind your ear.

•"We don't want that old scum escaping."

Cobby growls from inside the cell as you're taken inside the castle of Capeiria.