02

chapter two

"Where did you get the watermelon?"

"The fridge. It was cut up." Reece says as he shoves a piece in his mouth.

"Please tell me you didn't take too much."

"An entire bowl full. The boys and I are sharing."

Parker walks in and grabs a piece of the watermelon, shoving it in his mouth and smiling.

"Guys, that's for my Diana! You know, my step mother?"

Reece pauses. "What?"

"Yea, it's for some fruit cake she's making."

Reece takes the piece he was about to put in his mouth and puts it back in the bowl.

"Tell Diana that I'm sorry."

"I'm kidding. I asked her to get some at the store the other day and I guess she finally did."

"She even cut it up for you."

"I hate you." Reece mutters softly.

I smile, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a little bit of watermelon out of the fridge.

"So what are you doing today?

I shrug. "Just hanging out with a friend."

"What? You have friends other than us?" Parker asks with a smirk.

"Nice try ass hat. I have friends that aren't you, I just don't hang out with them as much."

"Because they aren't really your friend."

"Shut it Carly."

She laughs.

"I'm serious. I'm not that closed off."

"Well you barely talk to others outside of this group."

"Well I've moved a bunch and I don't want to get close to people only to have them ripped away from me."

Nobody says anything.

"That's besides the point. I need to get ready and that means you guys need to leave soon."

"Can we come with?"

"No."

"It's like you have a date."

"I don't have a date."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

I run upstairs, opening up the closet and pulling out a pair of jeans and a cropped sweatshirt. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and put on mascara.

"How much longer until you leave?" Reece asks, knocking on the door in the process.

"What time is it?"