14

chapter fourteen

The bell rings, signaling the end of the school day

The bell rings, signaling the end of the school day. The boys, Carly, and I all had plans to go see a film tonight, but we still weren't sure what it would be.

I stand at my locker, waiting on the two boys to arrive. Blake gets here first, smiling at me as he adjusts his bag.

"Did you think about a film?" he questions, and I shake my head in response.

"I was thinking we could just watch a film at my house instead."

"Oh?"

"Yea. Reece and Parker could join if they wanted to."

"I like the sound of that." He puts his arm around my shoulders, and I lean against him as we wait on George.

"Where in the world is he?" I ask, noticing it's been about ten minutes since Blake came over.

"I don't know. Maybe he got held up in class?"

Just as he says that, my phone goes off.

"It's George."

I look down at the text.

"He can't make it until later on tonight. His mom needs his help for something."

"So it's just us then?"

"For a little bit, yes."

"What about all night?"

"Don't forget about the other three."

"Right." He sighs. "Jess?"

"Yea?"

"Go out with me."

I break away. "What?"

"Do you want to go out with me? You know, like boyfriend and girlfriend?"

I smile, lightly pressing my hands against the side of his face and pressing my lips against his. He responds immediately, his hands wrapping around my waist and pulling me closer.

"Ugh. Get a room."

We pull away, adverting our gaze towards who interrupted us.

Savannah.

Of all people.

"What do you want?"