21

chapter twenty-one

I'm not sure what time it was when I woke up, I just know that it was dark outside and my phone was going off like crazy

"What the hell?"

I reach over and grab my phone, seeing multiple missed calls from my dad and Reece before realizing what time it was.

3:48am

"Shit!"

I pull Blake's arm off of my waist, getting out of the bed and grabbing my clothes.

"What time is it?"

"Nearly four in the morning. My dad has been blowing up my phone all night. He-"

"Just tell him we fell asleep watching a movie."

"But I never told him that I was going to skip school."

"You did what?" He sits up.

"I know! I just wanted to fix things with you and I-"

"Calm down."

"But he's strict about this sort of thing. He'll probably ground me for the rest of my life and I won't be able to see you anywhere outside of school. What if that happens? We-"

"Jessica, calm down." He sits on the edge of the bed, rubbing circles on my hand. "Just text him and tell him you accidentally fell asleep."

"But he'll tell me to come home now."

"If he does that then he does that. It's not like we have school."

"What?"

"Spring break starts tomorrow, well technically today. Did you forget?"

"I guess so."

"He'll probably just ground you over spring break."

"We won't get to see each other."

"Nobody said that." He pulls me back into the bed, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"What?"

"You're working at the studio with your dad over break, right?"

"Yes?"

"The boys and I have a couple meetings with Joe. I'll see you before and after those."

I smile. "You never told me about that."

"Reece texted me about it before I got home from school."

"Oh."

"Yea, Joe usually talks to him about things since he isn't in school right now."

"That's smart. He wants you to be able to graduate."

"Yea." He leans over, pressing his lips against mine softly. "Now go back to sleep. You can go home early tomorrow."