Chapter III

One car ride later...

-Halloween...City- José read while looking up at the sigh. He scratched his head and reported -It says city, but its just a really, really big stor-

-Its big enough to be its own city- Donald added, also starring at the sigh.

-Well city or not, I'm excited- he said. He looked over his shoulder and asked -Aren't you Panchito?-

Panchito was standing behind one of the pillars that held the store. He peeked his head out and nodded.

-Your not scared are you?- Donald snickered.

-¡No tengo miedo!- He shouted. He came out from behind the pillar and puffed out his chest. -I'm a macho man!-

-If your a 'macho man- then go in first- Donald said as he opened the door to the Halloween store. Sounds of maniacal laughing and screams came out from the store. There was no telling what was inside because the doorway was covered by streams of black tarp that flapped slowly with the wind.

Panchito gulped and slowly walked to the door.

-O-Ok...I...I-I'll g-go- he stuttered nervously, shaking more and more as he got closer to the door. He reached the entrance, but stopped in his tracks.

-Your almost there- Donald said, grinning. Hoping that Panchito would get the scare of his life.

-C'mon Panchito. Não há nada a temer- José reassured, extending his hand to the shaken Mexican -If you want, you can hold my hand-

-Y-you Sure?- Panchito blushed a bit.

-Sim. When my nephew's get scarred, they like to hold my hand because it helps them feel protected- he explained. He cleared his throat and glared at Donald -Plus, its not nice to make fun of someone's fears-

Donald rolled his eyes at his remark.

Panchito was thinking of accepting his offer, but since his manliness was at stake, he declined.

-I have to do this- he stated. He took in a deep breath and, once he breathed out, stuck his had in the doorway and gasped.

-Almost there- Donald muttered.

Panchito gulped again. He closed his eyes and rushed into the store. With his eyes still shut, he crouched down, low to the floor, and covered his head with his arms. Ok. On the count of tres, I'm gonna open my eyesHe thought. Uno...Dos...¡Tres! The first thing he saw was a very red, very detailed devil starring right into his eyes. He had a large grin on his face, exposing his pointy, long teeth. Panchito screamed. He fell to his side and pulled down his sombrero to cover his face. At this point he was shaking like a cold puppy.

Donald and José rushed in and found Panchito in his pathetic state. They were approached by the kid who scared their friend half to death.

-What's his problem?- The kid asked as he took off his mask.

-I really don't know- Donald sighed

José confronted the trembling Mexican and tried to calm him down. He kneeled beside him and said.

-Take it easy Panchito. It's just a kid in a mask-

-Yeah- Donald added. The kid gave him the mask and he held it in front of his covered face -Look-

Panchito peeked from under his sombrero and saw the terrifying mask again. And screamed again. He lunged toward José, wrapped his arms around his neck, and wrapped his legs around his waist. Then, he shouted.