Chapter V

It was around 8pm when the boys huddled together near the front of the long, light blue sofa. Spread on the sofa was an array of classic horror movies. VHS' ranging from The Night of the Living Dead to Psycho to the notorious, The Exorcist. They guys dressed out of their clothes to their pajamas. Donald wore an oversized, dark blue t-shirt with white shorts. José wore a black long sleeve and green, plaid pants. And Panchito wore a black tank top with a red pj jacket and black sweat pants. The boys were deciding which movie to het traumatized by.

-This filme looks good- José commented as he picked up a VHS. -The Thing... Sounds mysterious-

-¡Espera!- Panchito blurted out, also holding a VHS. -I heard this movie was really good. Mi tío and a couple of his friends went to go see this movie and they got so scared that they had to go to the hospital- The VHS he held was The Exorcist.

Donald proposed an idea.

-I say we should watch the not-so-scary movie first and the scariest last- He picked up a VHS -Let's watch Carrie. I heard it's kinda slow at first, but it gets more suspenseful in the end-

The Latin men nodded and stacked the tapes on top of the player. Donald inserted the tape and went to go get the refreshments while José & Panchito set up the space. As the commercials played, Donald popped the popcorn while humming Bad Romance, the song that's been stuck in his head for a while. José and Panchito sprawled two blankets onto the wooden floor. A think one for cushion and a soft one for comfort. They then wrapped themselves with a large, thick blanket to keep themselves warm. (Really. Its to keep themselves safe from monsters. Universal rule.) When Donald came back with the popcorn and iced tea, he seated himself in the middle of the guys and placed the bowl of popcorn in an empty space between his crisscrossed legs and placed the beverages on the sofa. They ate some of the popcorn before stopping when the movie started.

The guys took the beginning quite well. They got creeped out when a couple times, like when Carrie got her first period and when the lady's boyfriend killed the pig. Other than that, things were going pretty good. But towards the end, the guys were squeezing each others arms with suspense as Carrie walked to the stage. Panchito shook Donald ferociously, but the American was too fixated on the suspense to care. Then when Carrie killed her classmates, Donald and Panchito held on to each other, hoping that the movie would end soon. José on the other hand, wasn't really frightened as the trembling duo next to him. He started dozing off but shot back up when his friends screamed as Carrie killed her mom. As the credits rolled, José reached for the remote and ejected the movie. The static light from the t.v filled their side of the room and the white noise gave off an eerie vibe. Donald, whos head was buried in the trembling Panchito's chest, peeked out and saw that the movie had ended. He let out a sigh of relief and nudged the Mexican, who too sighed upon the sight of the movie ending.

-Now that, is a scary movie- Donald stated.

-Sí. I'll have to go back to church when I go back to Mexico- Panchito remarked.

-What'd you think of the movie José?- Donald asked.

They turned to him, who starred back with eyes that said, Really? This filme was scaryHe raised his right hand and did the so-so gesture.

-It was O.K. But the movie wasn't assustado- He rested his elbow on his knee and rested his cheek on his hand.

-Not even the part where she did the creepy stare before she killed everyone?- Donald asked.

-Nope-

-Or the part where she went to El Inferno?- Panchito added.

-Nem sequer vacilou- he stated. He took a swig of his beverage. While he did, Donald whispered something to the redhead. After a few short whispers to each other, they took in a deep breath and shouted -BOO!- Startling the Brazilian. He spat out some of his drink and some spilled onto his shirt. Panchito and Donald chuckled at the outcome.