Chapter IV

-Whats in the bag?- José asked as he sprawled across the table to reach the black bag.

-Beats me- Donald replied. He grabbed the bag before José could and held the ends of it. -And I'm not waiting another second not knowing!-

All three caballeros were on the edges of their seats, eager to know what's in the bag. Donald spilled the contents onto the table. To their surprise, it was a mix of candy assortments, fake blood pouches, spider rings and 3 rectangular boxes.

-Cool! We got costumes!- Donald rejoiced as he grabbed a box. Attached to it was a note, which Donald read. -For the Mexican-

-For me?- Panchito questioned, pointing to himself. Donald handed him the box and handed the other to the Brazilian. Panchito proposed that on the count of three, they open the boxes together.

-One!-

-Dios!-

-¡Tres!-

They removed the lid and revealed their costumes to each other. Donald got a cop costume compact with a fake badge, police whistle and handcuffs. José got a vampire costume with a black cape, a cravat and fake fangs. Panchito's costume was a pirate costume with a pirate hat, eye patch and fake, green parrot, which José didn't take a liking to.

-I don't think that thing is really necessary. Jogue-o fora!- He demanded.

Knowing that José's ticked off, Panchito toyed with him.

-Why on earth would I want to throw out this little cutie?- He said in a tone that is spoken to babies while he pet the plastic creature.

José wanted to snatch the toy, rip it in half, set it on fire and send it ashes all the way to Timbuktu, but Donald blurted out.

-Wait. Where are my pants?-

Donald could only find the cop shirt but the pants weren't in sight. He shook the shirt a bit and low and behold, the item he was missing floated down onto the table. But it wasn't what he expected. Instead of it being the dark blue pants he was thinking of, it was dark blue short shorts. He held them up and blushed.

José burst into laughter.

-Meu Deus Donald! Os calções vai certamente mostrar as pernas bonitas!- He chuckled as he slammed his hand repeatedly onto the table.

Donald shouted angrily, -Don't laugh! This is sexual harassment!- He opened the shorts and put them on José's head. Covering his green bangs and his left eye.

-Don't worry Donald- José giggled. -Eu só estava brincando. Isto é tudo. Besides, I'm sure it was a mistake.-

Donald sighed, -You're probably right. It can get pretty hectic when there's a lot of people in the stores. Especially since it's almost Halloween. The lady probably got my costume mixed up with someone else's-

When Donald turned to the oddly quiet redhead, he saw him staring intensely at the pumpkin pie on the other side of the kitchen. Donald snapped his fingers near Panchito's ear, making him come back from his trance.

-Are you O.K?- Donald asked.

-S-Si. It's just I'm feeling hungry- he stated, followed by a loud grumble that emitted from his stomach. He licked his lips and said -¿Puedo comer un pedazo?-

-Sure. I'm getting kinda hungry too-

-Me three- José added, removing the shorts from his head.

José and Panchito set their stuff aside as Donald got up from his chair and walked to his wooden cabinet. He grabbed three white plates and grabbed the can of whipped cream from the fridge. He set them aside on the counter and retrieved the pumpkin pie. He pulled out a knife from the drawer and cut the pie into 6 semi-large slices. He put a slice on each place and topped it off with a mountain of whipped cream. The hungry men starred onto their plates as Donald placed them it front of them. They wrapped their crisp, white napkins around their necks and took their first bite. The creamy goodness of the pie made their taste buds melt.

-Oh Boy! This is tasty!- Donald commented with a mouthful of pie. He swallowed and asked his friends -What do you guys think?-

José wiped the edges of his lips with the napkin and answered -As you Americans say, This is the bee's knee's-

Donald smiled

-Thanks. What about you- When he turned to his shoulder, Panchito rummaging inside his sombrero.

Panchito looked at Donald, though his arm was still inside the sombrero.

-It's really delicioso! Don't get me wrong, but~- he pulled out a bottle of Tabasco sauce. -I think it needs some heat- He then poured half of the molten liquid onto his pie. But that wasn't the only thing he added. Donald and José stared in awe as Panchito added salsa verde, jalapeños, chile's, and chipotle sauce. Panchito sliced off a piece of the pie and planned to eat it, but stopped himself. -Espere. It's missing something...-

-What?- Donald and José asked simultaneously.

Panchito snapped his fingers and smiled

-Its missing limón!-