Chapter 1A

"I'm sorry what?" With widen eyes, the chestnut colored hair girl was standing in disbelief.
"I want you to be my girlfriend." The dark olive colored hair boy stated with his unwavering face.
"You're kidding me. The Wakatoshi Ushijima is asking me to be his girlfriend?"

Wakatoshi Ushijima is a well known figure throughout Shiratorizawa Academy. While he is the captain and ace of the boys volleyball team, he brought them to the nationals more than once. He is also known as the Top Three Ace players in all of Japan. And while he is busy practicing to ensure his spot to play for the nationals, he has one of the best grades in the school as well.

So why would someone as successful as him would want a girl like Yukina Yamamoto? The girl is just average in grades, compared to everyone else, and sports doesn't interest her at all. The only thing that makes her stand out are her looks. She has blossomed into a very mature looking girl for someone who is seventeen years old. Her body had filled out in the right places and a lot of the girls are jealous since she gets the most attention from all of the guys. But there's always a downside to these kind of things.

"People are saying that you'd go out with whoever confesses to you."
"I'm sorry. But are you talking about the rumor where I would sleep with just anybody, instead?"

And that's one of the cons. Rumors would spread throughout the school from the envious birds.

"Well, I did hear that rumor." Wakatoshi shrugged. "But a rumor is just a baseless accusation."

Yukina looked at him in disbelief. This is the first time that someone is telling her that the rumor is false. She closed her eyes as her lips twitched into a smile and laughter came out.

"You're really interesting, Ushijima-san."
"Call me Wakatoshi. That is, if you agreed to be my girlfriend."
"I just don't understand why you would want a girlfriend after all this time. I know many girls had approached you but you've always turned them down."
Wakatoshi shifted his eyes from Yukina to the ground slightly. "Tendo kept bugging me that I should try it out at least once."
Yukina giggled a bit more. "I would never expect you to be the type of person that would follow someone's suggestion out of pure curiosity." Yukina sighed and then put on a small smile. "But you must've heard of the other rumor where I would just dump the guy after a month, right? Because that's not just a rumor, it's a fact."
"Now why would that be a fact?"
Yukina shrugged. "It's because the boys always end up being boring after a while. I've realized that a lot of them only wanted to date me for my looks. I'm assuming that's why you want to, too?" She raised her eyebrows and tilt her head to the side. He only averted his gaze to the ground signaling to Yukina that was correct. She smiled gently. "I can be your girlfriend, if you're okay with just dating me for a while."
"I promise you, we'll last more than just a month."

Yukina raised both of her eyebrows in surprise. No one has ever declared something like that. Someone did once, but then he betrayed her and after that she learned to never give everything your all. She chuckled again at his declaration.

"Okay, let's pinky promise on it."

Yukina held out her pinky and Wakatoshi did the same, unsure on what to do. Yukina quickly wrapped her small pinky around his gigantic one.

"There, a pinky promise!"

The bell rang throughout the academy signaling that lunch was over.

"Ah, time to go back to class I suppose. Can you walk me home tonight?"
"I can't. I have volleyball practice." Wakatoshi stated plainly.
"Okay. Tomorrow morning perhaps?" He nodded in agreement. "Great!" Yukina clapped her hands together as she cheered and took out her phone. "I'll send you my address later, take out your phone."

Wakatoshi did what he was told and the two exchanged their numbers.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning, boyfriend Wakatoshi!" Yukina shouted gleefully and ran off to class.

When Wakatoshi was sure that she was out of sight, a slight smile came up to his lips.