Chapter 7

"Yumiko!" Yukina shouted when she saw her grey haired friend in the hallway. She tried to run to catch up to her. Yumiko turned around with a raised eyebrow.
"Why is Yukina looking for me in the hallways?"

Yukina caught up and placed her hands on her knees as she was catching her breath.

"Are you going to class?"
"Yeah, what's up?"
"Can you tell Wakatoshi to come out?"

Yumiko gave her a straight face at the request that it was almost comical.

"No."
"Aw! Come on, Yumiko!"
"And here I thought you were looking for me." Yumiko muttered plainly as she continued walking to her class. Yukina followed suit as she pouted.
"You know I would never replace you guys."
"But you go to his practices and not our practices." Yumiko pouted as she crossed her arms. Yukina stopped and looked up shyly. Yumiko was tall for a girl, standing at 5'6. Plus her face is stern so it can come off as intimidating at first. Everyone would be scared to their wits if they were standing where Yukina was standing, but she got used to it.
"Yeah but I go home right after I finish my homework!" Yukina tried to defend her choices. "You guys, well especially you, want me to stay all throughout and watch you beat everyone, especially the guys, into a pulp!"
"Hmph. I'll let you in the room if you promise you'll be at our match on Saturday."
"Okay!" Yukina cheered and smiled brightly causing Yumiko to have a slight color on her cheeks. She always had a soft spot for Yukina which does make her mad whenever people try to bully her. Yumiko cleared her throat and made a path for Yukina to go into the room.

When she entered, gradually the talking stopped and everyone turned to face her. Every third year knows about the rumors about this particular girl. So no wonder everyone is interested in who she is looking for. Yukina ignored all the eyes that were staring at her until she spot a pair of eyes that were colored dark olive. When her eyes locked in those, she smiled brightly and waved gently. Yukina made a gesture for him to follow her outside to the hallway. He nodded and follow suit, parting ways with his friends for a bit. Every single female in the room, besides Yumiko, had their mouths hanging open.

"Did you need something?" Wakatoshi started the conversation once he was outside in the hallway.
"Yeah, my mom wanted to know if you'd like to have dinner again this weekend." Yukina smiled while interlacing her fingers behind her back.
"The prelims are on Saturday."
"You can come after that? I have to go to the girls' MMA match this Saturday too. Mom said she can make something more towards your needs. Since, you know, you play volleyball."
Wakatoshi nodded. "Sure. I'll come by when they're over."
"Please shower."
Wakatoshi furrowed his eyebrows. "Why wouldn't I?"
Yukina shrugged. "I don't know. Some guys are gross. I just don't want my room to smell like guy sweat." Yukina stick out her tongue in disgust.
"You couldn't have texted me this?" Wakatoshi furrowed his eyebrows yet again.
"You never answer me until it's the end of the night!" Yukina playfully hit his arm and she only received his emotionless stare in return. "It's lonely sometimes, okay?"
Wakatoshi simply nodded. "If that's all, we need to get back to our classrooms."
"We need to get back to our classrooms." Yukina mocked him while she pouted. But the next action surprised her. He reached over and pinched her nose. "Hey! What was that for?!" Yukina covered her nose in embarrassment and shock.
"I just felt like it."
"Felt like it?! You weirdo." Yukina whined as she rubbed her nose to try and dispel the pain. Then the next action surprised her yet again. Wakatoshi gently grabbed a hold of her cheeks and gently pressed his lips onto the top of her head. He let go and quickly went back into his room leaving Yukina standing there, facing the ground, in shock.