Chapter 6A

The alarm blared at six in the morning. Groggily, Yukina hit the snooze button and cuddled in her blanket. She quickly frowned when she realize Wakatoshi would scold at her again. Well, he did make a remark about it enough in the past two weeks of dating. She decided to get ready for the day. When it was time to leave, she looked outside and saw no one was standing out there waiting for her.

"That's strange." Yukina muttered to herself.
"Toshi-nii?" Toshiro raised an eyebrow.
"Let me call him." At this point, she was worried that something could've happened. Like make he got himself kidnapped?! But how would anyone kidnap a giant like him...

Ring. Ring. Ring.

He didn't pick up. Yukina was worried but then it hit her. She slapped herself on the forehead and laughed.

"He has morning practice, Toshiro." Yukina grinned as she patted his head. She frowned when she realized she could've slept in. "Ah, might as well and get it over with." She groaned as she put on her shoes.

Yukina was in the middle of her bus ride when she felt her phone continuously vibrating. She looked at the screen and saw Wakatoshi calling.

"Hello?"
"Why did you called me?"

Yukina could feel her heart skipped a bit. The deep voice on the other end was too much. She could hear him breathing slightly faster than normal. Yukina assumed he called now since he was done with practice.

"Wow, your voice is deeper on the phone."
Silence.
"Do you not like it?"
"Who wouldn't like a tall, handsome guy with a deep voice?" Yukina chuckled to herself. She could feel the confused look Wakatoshi would be giving her right now. "I called because I thought you got kidnapped."
"Highly unlikely."
"Yeah, I know. Then I remembered you had morning practice."
"Is that all?"
"Pretty much."
"Are you on the way to school now?"
"Yeah, I'm halfway there."
"At least you woke up on time."
A vein had popped out of her temple as she responded with so much attitude held back. "I don't need you to wake me up you know?"
"It's nice to walk with you to school though."
Yukina smiled softly. "Are you sure? Most of them time I'm complaining that I'm tired."
"Anyone would be tired if they don't get enough sleep. Just sleep earlier."
"It's not always that easy. Especially when you're trying to talk to your boyfriend all the time."
"Then talk to me less."
Yukina pouted her lips even though he wouldn't see it. "Are you serious?"
"You'll get more sleep that way."
"Do you want to be in this relationship or not?" Yukina snapped unintentionally. Only two more weeks and she'll never have to talk to him again.
"I'm sorry. I upsetted you, didn't I?" He softly spoke.
"You sure did. I've reached the school. I'm going now."

Yukina hung up and placed her phone in her school's jacket while making her way through the crowd of students and into her homeroom.

Yukina sat herself on the benches in the gymnasium and gazed around to see that everyone was there besides Wakatoshi.

Strange. He wouldn't be late to practice?

Shrugging mentally, Yukina opened up her backpack and started to take out the necessary homework.

"Oho! And here I thought you would miss practice!" Yukina heard Tendo shouting. She looked up at the doorway and saw her tall handsome boyfriend with a bouquet of flowers along with a red box.
"Why would I miss practice if that's the only way I can get stronger?" Wakatoshi shot a glance at Tendo as he was making his way to Yukina. He stopped right in front of her to see her widen eyes while her mouth was hanging open. He pushed the items forward and Yukina held out her hands in compliance.
"What is this for?"
"To show how sorry I am."

Yukina was stunned. She looked up to see his dark olive eyes that she liked so much. The eyes were stern and determined but was soft around the edges. She smiled gently at the gesture.

"But I don't really like these kind of things."
"Geh." Tendo froze in his spot with fear when he sensed a dark aura coming to his direction.