Hoseok ♡ Different | Vampire AU

Published: October 31, 2018Rewritten: January 20, 2024

Rewritten: January 20, 2024

Word count: 2,020

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

(۵)

Someone was watching you. All day, you had this persistent feeling that you were being watched, maybe even followed. You tried to brush it off, telling yourself that you were just imagining it, but your gut said otherwise—and your gut was never wrong.
Going from class to class was when you really felt that unease creeping up on you, that vague feeling that something wasn't quite right. Much to your relief, your last class of the day let out about fifteen minutes early, which you were thankful for.

The college you attended wasn't far from your apartment, so you would usually walk to and from both places. Typically your class ended at 3:00 in the evening, so you were usually home way before the sun set. Today was different though. Since you class ended a little earlier, you decided to stop at a few local shops to peruse and grab a quick bite to eat. Once you had your fill of window shopping and was ready to go home, the sun was starting to dip below the buildings, streaking the sky with pale pink and orange.

Despite having a few hours of enjoyment, that feeling of someone watching you never really went away and now that you were on your way home, the feeling was stronger than ever.
Throughout the evening you tried to act as if you suspected nothing, going about your day as you normally would so as not to alert whoever it was that had been keeping their eye on you.

The faint sound of a second pair of footsteps somewhere behind you reached your ears, putting you on high alert. Turning your head ever so slightly, you acted as if you were looking at objects in a nearby store window, but really you were doing it to get a glimpse at whoever was behind you. From what you could tell, it was a guy with dark hair, but that's all you could see.
With a stranger lingering behind you, you made the decision to take an alternative route instead of your usual one in hopes to get that creep off your back.
You turned down an alleyway that was a shortcut to the park. Thanks to the narrow space between the buildings that allowed sounds to bounce off the brick walls, you could hear better. Whoever was behind you was walking faster and you could feel that he was getting closer. There was a weird energy radiating from the man that was almost tangible. It was obvious he wasn't human.