Chapter 4

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.  

Ming POV

I can't believe this. I'm a father. Doesn't Kit's family know? I bet that he was too afraid to go visit his family with Copter. Just like he was too afraid to tell me that we had a son. Oh my, I still can't believe it, but this adorable little boy is my son. I just can't take my eyes off him.

As we leave the daycare, Copter suddenly shouts, "Uncle Shane! Look daddy came!! Mommy is going to be so happy!"

I tear my eyes away from son to look at the man standing in front of us and who is frozen in place. His mouth is gaping wide open and he is just staring at me.

Copter chimes, "Uncle Shane. I want to tell mommy. Let's go tell mommy."

Shane suddenly shakes his head no. "Sorry, Copgi, but mommy has an emergency surgery to do and that is why I was coming to pick you up. It is going to be a long surgery, so we should head home and wait for mommy there. Okay."

Copter instantly pouts, and I'm amazed that my son seems to have mastered my signature sad puppy dog face. Oh, yes. He is definitely my son.

Shane looks at me and asks, "Do you have a car seat, or do you want to ride with me? Copgi can't ride in a car without one."

Copter quickly turns his pout into a smile and chimes, "Daddy ride with Uncle Shane."

Well, I really don't have choice here. I didn't realize that I had a son, so I guess I'm riding with Shane.

I lovingly coo, "Okay. We are riding with Shane."

Yo walks up to me and calmly says, "We will go get some stuff for dinner and then we will go to the house. If you don't mind, Shane. We have all been anxious to see Kit again."

Copter suddenly blurts out, "Ice cream!"

We all immediately burst out laughing. While giggling, Yo nods his head yes. "I won't forget the ice cream."

Shane nudges Copter and sternly says, "You can only have it after you eat your supper. Remember."

Copter instantly protests. "But mommy eats ice cream before meal. Why can't I?"

Shane raises an eyebrow and stares at Copter for a second before saying, "Mommy has already explained that adults can eat ice cream whenever they want to, but children have to follow what the parent says. So, that means no ice cream before supper."

Defeated, Copter whines, "Can I get the same ice cream as mommy?"

Shane shakes his nod no. "Remember, you aren't allowed to eat mommy's kind. Only mommy can eat ice cream with KitKat chunks in it. Mommy doesn't want you to have that much sugar."

Copter instantly mumbles, "No fair." Then he wraps his arms around my neck and buries his face in my shoulder.

Ah, this is so cute.

Wait. Did he just say that Kit eats ice cream with KitKat candy bar in it?

I look up at Shane and tentatively asks, "Did you say KitKat candy mixed in?"

Shane nods his head. "Yes. I don't understand why but every time he gets lonely, he goes to the store and gets it. I don't think he even realizes that he is doing it. Why?"