03: oprah winked at me

I continued to look at the four boys sitting across from me, puzzled as I tried to wrap my head around the idiotic mess that they had all just described. I've had dumb fights with my friends before, but this... this was just plain stupid.

"Okay, let me get this straight. You guys broke up a 10 year friendship, no a 10 year brotherhood, just because of who Oprah supposedly winked at?" I said, slamming my hands on the table.

"Yes," the boys said in unison.

My head dropped on the table with a thud and I let out a long sigh. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

"I am not stupid. I tutored my son, my other son, my daughter, my other daughter, my other son– Wait, how many was that?" Niall asked while counting the number of his kids on his fingers.

"I don't know, too many," Louis snapped.

Niall gave Louis a glare before continuing. "Doesn't matter how many there are. All of them have at least have a 'C' average. What do you have?" I'm not sure if this was Niall trying to start a fight with Louis or this was him badly bragging about his many offsprings.

Zayn leaned back in his chair and folded his arms. "Nice burn from the church boy."

Niall scoffed and smacked Zayn on the back on his head. "That was never my name. Have you heard my song "Slow Hands"? Why was the laundry dirty Zayn? Hmm?"

"Bros, there's a lot negative tension coming off of Niall and Zayn right now. I think we would all benefit from doing some deep breathing exercises," Liam said while closing both of his eyes and taking deep loud breaths.

We all stared at Liam who was now in his own little world. Zayn and Louis glanced at each other, having some sort of silent communication with their eyes. Just then both of the boys smacked Liam upside the head and grinned at the pain they caused him.

Liam's eyes snapped open. "Bloody hell, what the-"

Both boys started laughing at Liam and the face he made. Maybe Zouis was a thing.

"You see! That is what I'm talking about, progress! Maybe next time we can try the teamwork without harming another, but baby steps, baby steps," I smiled as put my arm around Harry's shoulder just as he was licking batter off his finger.

"Could you please not." Harry asked me through a slide glance.

"Okay." I removed my arm from his shoulder and brushed the flour that was now all over my arm off. "Where were we? Oh yeah, the fight."

"Look, I don't even know why we are fighting. It was obvious she was winking at me, I was the one who invited to the party," Harry added, scooping up more of his batter. At this rate, he'll probably finish the whole bowl.

Louis sighed loudly, "That invitation was for all of us, you wanker! You were just the one who opened it." 

"And why would she wink at you? Have you ever looked in a mirror? You're not that good looking," Zayn mocked.

"Well, no, not recently because I can't afford one. But I'll have you know back then I had tons of mirrors. And it was scientifically proven that I am attractive, so chew on that, Malik," Harry said as he flipped his scraggly hair making flour go in all directions making Louis cough then sneeze.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" Louis demanded with the most intimating voice I have ever heard come out of this mouth.

"Baked goods and their ingredients do not kill people." Harry wiped the little bit of flour he had left on his shoulder. 

Niall rubbed his belly and chucked. "Wanna bet? My doctor says it's going to be my downfall."

I knew I had to ring in this mess before we got too far from the problem that lies before us. The wink. Which I am now referring to War of Wink. Or WoW for short. "Can we get back to the wink?"

All of the boys just sat there, obviously knowing that they all had different versions of the story.

Harry sat, scooping up little bits of batter onto his finger and licking it off. Louis was glaring at him, huffing and trying to control his breathing. Niall was currently eating some sort of cookie that I have absolutely no idea where came from. Zayn sat back in his chair, looking like he was so done with being here. And Liam sat at the end of the table. He was was completely still, staring ahead with a twitch in his eye.

I think Louis and Zayn broke him.

"Did any of you–" I started.

"I apologize, Nina, but I can't hear you over Harry's obnoxiously loud eating. Come on, lad, you sound like a pig eating whatever pigs eat." Louis snapped, continuing to glare at Harry.

Harry paused his eating and turned to look at Louis. He then scooped up some more batter and chucked it at Louis' face, splattering it across his nose.

My eyes widened. I knew this was going in one direction, no pun intended. A bad direction.

Louis growled under his breath before reaching his hand into the batter and grabbing some.

"Get your filthy hands outta my–" Harry was interrupted by a splatter of batter hitter the side of his head. "That's it, Tomlinson."

Harry picked more up to throw at Louis, but he ducked at the last minute causing the gooey mixture to hit Liam straight in the face. This caused him to snap out of whatever trance he was in.

Next thing I knew, I was hiding under the table to avoid getting pelted by batter, while the five boys continued to throw it at each other.

~©️~
hi guys! sorry for the
short chapter! i don't love
this one very much, but the
next one will be much better, i hope!
thank you to everyone who
reads/comments/votes!!
it means the world to me :)