05: trust issues

I tried to come up with the next step in bringing the boys back together while they all admired themselves in the thin mirror, pushing each other to get a better view.

My mind immediately went back to when I was still in school and every year on the first day, we always did those annoying icebreakers. I never liked those, mainly 'cause it involved interacting with other humans who I didn't particularly care for.

I decided that they didn't need icebreakers considering they already know each other, however they did need to build back up their trust and likeness towards each other. And I knew exactly how to do that.

Originally, I went to Google, which brought up many websites full of trust exercises. The first one I clicked was titled "7 Trust Exercises for Couples" which seemed to me to be a good one. I immediately knew it wasn't the best for this situation when the first exercise included making out. I'm not about to start a war between the larries, the narries, the zarries, the ziams, and every other ship in One Direction, but it did give me an idea.

"Okay, boys. Now that you look like your old selves... kinda, we need to work on your attitudes and trust towards each other– Harry, would you stop playing with the back of your hair?" I said looking at all the boys who were now all back in their seats and stopping on Harry.

"There's a chunk missing!" he exasperated with wide eyes, continuing to touch the chopped hair on the back of his head.

"Yeah, the scissors slipped once. I told you I'm not a professional," I replied nonchalantly. "Anyway, we need to work on this 'tude y'all have towards each other, and what better way to do that than compliments!" I clapped excitedly.

We did this at the end of my bible study group years back. Each of us went around and said a nice, thoughtful compliment to every other person in the group. It was actually a really nice experience and left everyone feeling positive and closer than before. I thought maybe it would work for them.

"We'll go around the table, each of you giving a compliment to the others," I talked with my hands, sitting back down in my seat. "Zayn, you go first."

"Shoot me now," he mumbled under his breath.

"Sorry, no guns allowed. Only compliments," I retorted, smiling widely at his scowl and urging him to go on.

He let out a huge sigh. "Louis, you're not as ugly as Harry." Louis scoffed, Harry let out a 'hey!' and I reached over to smack Zayn's arm with the back of my hand.

"Zayn! I said compliments!"

"That was a compliment! I basically told Louis he wasn't that ugly," he defended.

"But you called Harry ugly, which is A. false and B. rude," I lectured, crossing my arms. "Now try again."

"Fine," he sighed again as if I was forcing him to do math homework or something. "Louis, you're the only one I know who can pull off stripes and suspenders." He spoke the words quickly as if it would hurt to say something nice. "And I'm sorry for calling you and Harry ugly," he quietly adds.

I gasped out of shock. "I didn't even ask you to apologize, wow," I wiped my fake tears. "I'm so proud."

"Yeah, yeah," he shook his hand at me. "Let's just get these over with. Niall," he turned to Niall, "your kids are always nice when they get on my bus, so you make good children."

Yeah, I also found out that Zayn was now an elementary school bus driver. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

"Liam," he turned to Liam, "your solo music was my favorite and it's ," his face turned slightly embarrassed and his hand came up to rub the back of his neck. "it's in my 'music i like' playlist. And Harry," he turned to face Harry, pursing his lips and thinking hard.