04: blue things are softer

A/N outfit visuals for later in the chapter ^^^

I was slowly walking back and forth in front of the table. A ruler was slapped down into my hand in a constant beat. I had always seen teachers in movies do this to look intimidating, which I need to be so I thought "why not?"

All of the boys had finally sat back in their chairs, only now covered in whatever type of sticky batter that was in Harry's mixing bowl. They all looked irritated and somewhat guilty as I continued my pacing. Except Niall, who was eating the batter off of him. He tried to get some off Zayn, but Zayn threatened to break his hand if he did.

I stopped my pacing, slamming my hands and ruler down on the table causing a few of them to jump slightly– Harry especially. "Do you feel better now that that's out of your system?"

"All my batter's gone," Harry said in a sad voice staring at his empty bowl, pouting his bottom lip out a bit.

"Your batter tasted like shit anyway," Niall said as he continued to eat it off of himself.

"That was my Nana's recipe!" Harry said quite loudly, getting louder with each word. He stood up looking like he was about to jump across the table and tackle Niall. I should probably intervene.

"Enough!" I yelled causing them all to drop silent. "You, sit," I pointed to Harry. "And you, apologize," I pointed at Niall.

"But I'm only speaking the truth," Niall protested.

"I don't care if his batter tastes like month old shrimp! Apologize!"

Niall shrunk back in his seat as I scolded him. "I'm sorry I said your batter tastes like shit," Niall said in a weak voice looking at his hands.

"Good. Now, Harry, what do you say?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He looked at Niall and then at me. I tried to give him my most intimidating face and thankfully it worked. "I accept your apology," Harry said very timidly.

"Alrighty, anyone else want to say anything," I asked looking around the table. All I received was silence and few small shakes of the head. "Good. Now I'm thinking the first step to fixing your lives' is a makeover!" I clapped excitedly. "But we should probably start with cleaning this gooey mess off you."

~

"Okay, boys, line up!"

I had brought all of them out to my backyard to hose them off. It was the only logical way I could think of cleaning them all at once because having them each shower would take too much time. I quickly grabbed five towels and a bar of soap before we exited the house.

"Now, I only have one bar of soap, so you'll have to share," I informed them. "Alright, shirts off! Get cleaning!"

Yes, I was definitely taking this opportunity to get them shirtless. Anyone would if they were in my position. Besides it'll help them clean easier.

I sat down in my lawn chair, sipping on a Dr. Pepper in one hand and holding the hose pointed at them in the other. "Good, now we'll treat this like a car wash. You suds up and I'll wash you– hey! No fighting over the soap!" I pressed the trigger of the hose and sprayed Zayn and Louis who were fighting for the soap bar.

The boys continued after that to soap themselves up in a somewhat orderly manner. At least no one was fighting. That's what I call progress.

Never would I ever have thought that One Direction would be in my backyard, shirtless and soapy, while I sprayed them with a hose. If only their appearances weren't so far from what they used to be. I can still check it off my bucket list though.