08: the boys are back

"Oh my god, Buzzfeed knows everything," Harry said in amazement while scrolling through his iPhone 6.

He had been glued to the app for quite some time now. The rest of the boys and I were just sitting at the table, light conversations here and there.

"It knows when I'm getting married, how many children I'm going to have and what their names will be, and it knows what type of bread I am," he enthused. "Who would've thought I was banana bread?" He let out a little laugh.

"I'm glad your having fun," I said in amusement looking at him eagerly swipe and tap on his phone screen.

A loud gasp came from him suddenly, causing the boys to turn their heads to him with furrowed brows and Niall, who was falling asleep in his chair, to snap awake.

"There's an article about my Elton John halloween costume," he nearly screamed in excitement. "That was one of my best looks."

I put my hand over my heart and frown at the nostalgia that his words brought me. I can remember the day those pictures came out. I nearly had a heart attack. "That outfit was probably my favorite memory from 2018, hands down."

"Hey! What about the Flicker world tour? That was pretty memorable if I do say so myself," Niall said.

"Guys, I was an X Factor judge. I think that trumps all of yours," Louis competed, sitting back in his seat with a smirk.

"I released some singles and had many different hair colors that year," Zayn added, thinking back to two years ago.

"Don't forget about me!" Liam jumped in. "I released a bunch of music and gave you a ton a Lilo content, which I know you loved."

I nodded along with everything the boys had said, thinking back to that year and remembering everything. "You're right, I did love the Lilo we were getting." I paused for a few moments, thinking of all the memories. "But Harry as Elton still wins."

"You know, I actually went to the Hard Rock hotel and casino where the actual outfit is and asked if I could borrow it for the party," Harry shared, looking off into the distance at the memory. "They wouldn't let me, so I just called Gucci to make one for me." He went back on his phone as if calling Gucci was a common occurrence.

"I have Gucci's phone number too," I lied, trying to make a face that made me look cool. They all gave me looks that said they don't believe a word that's coming out of my mouth. "Okay, fine. I have a business card from a Gucci salesman." They continued to stare. "Gosh! Okay, he doesn't work there anymore and literally has no connection to the brand, but I still have it. I got it when I spent my entire life savings on a perfume there."

"You wouldn't– do you still have the Gucci shopping bag, by any chance?" Harry asked with hope in his wide green eyes.

"Yeah.... why?" I countered, confusion writing on my features.

"Do you think– I don't know, maybe I– could I touch it?" he sputtered out. "It's just, I haven't touched one in so long and yeah."

"Harry, you don't need to touch the bag," Louis rolled his eyes before turning to me. "Now, whats step five, I believe, of your plan?"

"Right, follow me boys," I said, standing up and leaning over to whisper to Harry. "I'll let you have the bag when we're done later." He got excited, doing a quick pump of his fist in the air and following behind.

~

I brought them to a room in my house where they haven't been yet. It was kind of empty, only some chairs and guitars I had put in there for them. On one wall was a fairly large sized mirror. My goal was to get them to sing together again, and I didn't think they could resist the temptation of the guitar.