09: hug a pug

"Harry, just stick it in!"

"What do you think I'm trying to do, Zayn? I can't find the hole."

"Mate, you've been going at it for almost ten minutes."

"Thank you, Liam. That's helps so much. Niall, could you try sticking yours in?"

"Mine's too big. It won't fit."

"Well, neither is– wait, I found the hole! It's right– ah, why is it wet?!"

"You know anyone just listening to this conversation would never think it was about trying to unlock a dog kennel," Louis chimed in with a chuckle. "Sounds like you guys were trying to have a shitty foursome."

"Okay, boys! I'm back," I announced as I walked up to the five guys huddled around the kennels. Dogs' barks filled our ears. "I've got leashes, big and small, as well as harnesses, so here you go."

I started to pass out the strips of leather and other material to each of the boys. Of course I gave them one that is the color of what their microphones were back in the One Direction days because what other colors would I give them?

"By the way, everyone in there could hear your conversation, and uh, let's just say they were scared to come out here," I informed the boys who let out small chuckles. "Also, I called TMZ, so paparazzi should be here soon."

We were on the sixth and final step in my plan. I had managed to get the boys back together again and to be friends, but now we had another challenge– getting them good press and back into the public eye. My mind immediately went to puppies, so I brought them all to the animal shelter I volunteer at occasionally.

It was sort of tricky to do so though. I had to first have each of them fill out volunteer applications, then had to run them through the basic training, and lastly had to get them all shirts. They were yellow and had the animal shelter logo on the front with the word 'volunteer' across the back.

The day was somewhat coming to an end. The sun was significantly lower in the sky than it was earlier, but we still had a few hours left until sunset.

"This one's my bitch," Harry joked, hugging onto a German Shepherd while squatting next to the happy canine. "Get it? Because it's a female dog," he laughed at his own joke while we all just blankly stared at him.

"Yeah we got it," Louis replied in a monotone voice as Harry still let out little giggles.

"Wow, I'm funny."

The rest of the boys, and me, all went to pick a dog to walk for the first part of the volunteering. We were to give the pups some good exercise by walking them around the animal shelter campus. Later we would be playing with them in the fenced area and even bathing some of them.

"Liam!" I exclaimed, running over to one of the kennels that held a small, brown puppy. "This looks just like Pete from your Buzzfeed interview!" Immediately, I took the small puppy over to Liam, placing the cutie in his arms.