003. broken alarm

003||
broken alarm

                                                     BRYONY WAS late for school, she was excruciatingly late for school

BRYONY WAS late for school, she was excruciatingly late for school. Her being late only started a downward spiral from then on.

The light hungrily scavenged Bryony's room, illuminating the German shepherd who was still fast asleep on her bed, he too had been hit by the 'let's not wake up for school today' curse.

It was 10am, second period would have begun and she had already missed registration, meaning a suspected phone call would be happening any moment, not like anyone would bother answering it, she thought bitterly.

Bryony didn't have time to think before she bolted from her bed, she swung her door open to let Wilson out, then changed into the first clothes she found, she didn't even cast a second thought on to her outfit. Only realising what she was wearing when she was downstairs.

She looked strangely at her over sized hoody and cargo pants, debating if she should change into something else, she shook her head and piled her messy golden hair into a quick bun and grabbed her rucksack from her side.

She ripped a piece of paper out of her diary and tried her best to mimic her fathers handwriting, before forging his signature, she knew it was wrong, but Bryony had a nearly perfect attendance record at school and she wasn't going to blow it by being late one time, besides she would be applying to collages soon and they looked favourably on someone whose attendance is perfect.

She hadn't checked to see if Ram had left but she guessed he was still asleep when she noticed his motorbike parked in the drive, it was gathering dust from the months it was left there, untouched and unused.

With a steady breath Bryony walked past the sleek vehicle and made her way over to her bike, it was too small for her and her feet clumsily settled on the peddles as she hiked to school, her eyes shifting from the road to her silver watch which moved faster and faster as she became closer to the school.

In Bryony's hurry she had neglected to realise that the roads were extremely slippery from the reckless rain the night before, she swerved a corner and unfortunately tumbled off of her bike, she landed awkwardly on her arm and she felt something jolt out of place.

Bryony lay frozen on the ground, the wetness beneath her soaking into her clothes, her arm numbed but it didn't alleviate any of the pain, she clutched onto it, her hand pressing sharply down onto the pain, she stifled a cry, but weirdly she felt the nausea that was once present dissipate from her. She was no longer frozen but instead able to stand up and the overbearing, powerful pain in her arm had vanished and nothing of the injury remained.