005. a mystery

005||
a mystery

                                             BRYONY FORCED down a scream when she witnessed the torn cloth fall out of her dogs mouth, it was dirty and covered in an old rusty iron substance

The blood drowned the t-shirt and an uneasy feeling made its way up her spine, she noticed Paul had made his way over to her side and was studying the item of clothing with a worried intrigue.

Bella stared simply at it, "Where did he get it from?"

Bryony stopped gawking at the clothing long enough to bring her mossy eyes to meet Paul's whiskey ones in despair he motioned to the dog, "Wilson. Where did you find this?"

Normally, she would cringe after speaking to Wilson like a human in front of people as she knew well enough he couldn't understand her but Wilson was already running off down the beach and he threw his head back in what looked like an attempt to follow him.

The group descended after the dog, the boys were struggling to slower there jog but the two girls were barely running, Bryony was frightened at what she was about to find and was in no rush to see it.

Wilson's desperate barks whipped through the wind and attacked Bryony's ears, she noticed him cower infront of her, he was sat behind a rock only his head visible, he looked scared.

The group stopped abruptly when they reached the rock, and a wave of emotions broke past Bryony, and a haunting sound emitted from her, Paul flinched at the sound and ran to engulf her not wanting her to see the scene any longer.

Where Wilson sat shaking, was a body covered in bites, it was a young male and he had turned a sickly pale, and the blood was drained from him.

Bryony cried into Paul's bare chest, the heat that radiated off him a protection from the chill that was slowly engulfing her insides, even with the deathly figure laying on the ground, Bryony found comfort in the boys russet arms.

"Those blood suckers must have got to him," Jared's voice was a whisper and Bryony had to strain to listen, Bella did too and they both furrowed their eyebrows in confusion.

Bella pondered the scene slightly before walking over to the body and examined the bites, she then turned to face the two russet boys, Paul had managed to move Bryony slowly away from the scene, he didn't want her to overhear what his friends were talking about, and he certainly didn't want the innocence that covered Bryony to be tarnished by staring at the corpse.

Bryony couldn't hear what the girl was saying, her thoughts preoccupying her and the wind lost any chance of her being able to hear it anyway.