012. adrenaline

012||
adrenaline

                                     BRYONY AWAKENED with a torturous headache, the pain was head splitting and she stumbled out of her bedroom and into the bathroom still clutching on to the temples of her face, she pressed a wet flannel to her f...

BRYONY AWAKENED with a torturous headache, the pain was head splitting and she stumbled out of her bedroom and into the bathroom still clutching on to the temples of her face, she pressed a wet flannel to her forehead hoping it would alleviate some pain, when it didn't lessen she decided to take two capsules of paracetamol, she wasn't sure why she woke up with such a thunderous pain but she could only tell it was a catalyst for the rest of the day.

As the sharp, tingling sensation subsided, Bryony gradually made her way down the stairs. Unsurprisingly, Ram was already up, he was laid down on the sofa, searching something on his laptop, but he quickly closed it when he heard his cousin stir beside him.

"Got any plans today Bry?" Ram's smooth voice called from the side of her and she turned to look at him, his burning honey eyes filled with curiosity.

Bryony pursed her lips as she walked towards the kitchen, "Nothing," she grabbed a box of cereal from the cupboard, groaning when it slipped from her grasp and spilt to the floor, Ram chuckled, "Wilson!"

Bryony smiled when her dog padded into the kitchen and cleaned up her mess, "Did you have any plans today Ram?"

Ram nodded, and grabbed his keys from the shelf, "We're going for a ride," Bryony hesitated, "You mean your motorcycle?"

Ram chuckled as he fiddled with his keys, his hand hovering over the door handle , "Well if I'm driving then yeah, I'm not insured on anything else."

Bryony rolled her eyes, "That gives me great faith in you, so if we crash and die at least you have got it covered."

Ram smiled and opened the door, "Exactly," he threw a helmet at Bryony who shielded her face when it hit her and fell to the floor, she blushed and picked it up, fastening the buckle, "you've never let me on it before, what's with the change of heart?"

Ram shrugged his shoulders and jogged to grab his sleek bike and pull it round the house, "It's something fun to do and I thought why the fuck not!"

Bryony hesitantly made her way over to the bike, "I can feel you shaking.." Ram laughed as he pressed the gears down , "Well this is a pretty petrifying experience,"

"You're not as bad I thought you would be," he shouted over the engine as he started off down the road.

Yeah, well I've just learnt that vampires and werewolves exist, so motorbikes don't really scare me anymore.

The sudden gush of wind hit Bryony like a brick, as her cousin accelerated down the pin point straight roads, Bryony's grip was as tight as s rope , her nails piercing Ram's jacket, she screamed in exhilaration as Ram threw his head back in laughter.

Bryony needed this, she needed time to clear her head and distract herself. Strangely enough, her cousin, without even knowing it, offered her the perfect escape, as she hurtled down the road, her thoughts and worries dissipated with the increase of speed, and she smiled.

A smile of pure happiness etched across her face, even though the loneliness was ever prominent when she wasn't with Paul, the feeling of adrenaline drowned it out, even if it was for a little while.

This also showed another side to Bryony Dowbie, a side she didn't even know existed until now, before meeting Paul she was cowardly, quiet and un confrontational, never in a million years would she have stepped foot on her cousins motorcycle, yet here she was.

Bryony wouldn't say she was fearless, she was far from it she was terrified of the small part of Paul who could rip her to pieces, she was scared of the existence of Vampires and the strange healing power she possessed, but she felt braver every day and that was because of Paul, he made her happy, she didn't have to be silent with him, she could stand up for herself with him by her side.

And in that moment, as her golden hair danced in the wind, as her emerald eyes glistened in the cold breeze, and as her pale fingers clutched Ram's back she decided that she wanted this.

She wanted to be apart of his world, wanted to be with Paul, if he would have her.

"Stop!" Bryony's voice cut through Ram's laughter like a knife and in reflex he braked immediately, "What's wrong?" He placed his foot on to the ground to steady the bike and turned to his cousin, "look!" She pointed to the all too familiar tan truck which was parked next to the bottom of the cliff.

Bryony hopped off the bike, "Bella's going to do something stupid I can sense it.." She unbuckled the helmet and passed it to Ram, he furrowed his eyebrows after taking it from her, "What are you doing?"

Bryony inhaled deeply, "I can't just let her get on with it alone, Bella's hurting and she needs someone to stop her from doing something stupid," she licked her chapped lips and shrugged, "or join her."

Ram laughed before his gaze rested uneasily on a flash of red, "Wait Bryony," he grasped her arm, "You can't just leave. How are you gonna get home?"

Bryony shrugged him off as she looked towards the cliff, "Get a lift with Bella," she started off towards her truck, "I will see you in a bit."

Ram hesitated, "Bryony get back here! It's not safe!"

She waved at him as she started to jog, Ram threw his bike on the ground, "Dammit!"

And before Bryony could turn to witness her cousins sudden anger he had driven off leaving her to her own fate.

Bryony's breathing was distorted as she reached the top of the cliff, never in her life had she ran so fast, and she was well awarded as Bella was only starting to take her jacket and trainers off, "Bryony," Bella shot her friend a quizzical look, "Why are you here?"

Bryony walked over to her side, and wiped the sweat from her brow, "I was with Ram and I saw your truck," she motioned to her jacket and shoes, "are you?"

Bella nodded apprehensively, "Yeah I am. And don't try and talk me out of it because you won't be able too," Bella peered over the cliff, "I wasn't going too, in fact," Bryony started unlacing her shoes, "I'm going to join you."

Bella furrowed her eyebrows and laughed, "when did you start being so brave?"

Bryony sighed, massaging her temples, "since I realised I'm living in one big fairytale"

Bella's attention was caught somewhere else and Bryony didn't catch what she whispered to her side and in a matter of moments, Bella jumped off the cliff, the golden girl ran to the edge gasping as she watched her friend plummet to the silver sea beneath them.

Bryony cursed, it was her turn now.
Reluctantly, she unfastened her jacket and placed it next to Bella's clothes before peering over the cliff again, a feeling of doubt attacking her insides but before she could make the jump, a stir behind her made her turn.

Standing in front of her was a pale women with fiery red hair and deathly black eyes.

The women cocked her head to the side and a wide smile plagued her features as she sauntered towards Bryony, her steely eyes glared at her as she looked at her prey.