Chapter Five: What else do I have to lose

Chris' POV
RRIINNNNGGGGG!!
"Ugh." I groaned. School. I hate school. Who the hell invented school. It's like they have nothing better to do than to put us in a jail like building for eight whole hours.

"Ohhh. Wakey wakey Chrislynn" The demon said from across the room.

"Get the hell out Zack! What if I was changing?" I asked sitting up, reaching for my glasses.

"Then it would be quite a show."

I rolled my eyes, only Zack can be as perverted as he is stupid . "Get out before I squish something you surely might need in the future, my dear ."

I swear I don't know how I got in this mess with Zack . It seems like we are going through one hell of a roller coaster, but I couldn't care less. We can't stand each other but yet we stick to each other like glue.

"Whatever. I'm going to go now." He said slamming the door shut. Not leaving out the part where he is bipolar as fuck.

I sighed and got out of bed to shower. There's just something about that boy that I truly adore. I stared at the picture taped on my mirror. The only picture that showed the truth behind my life, before everything took a drastic turn. I miss her, why did she have to go. Why did they have to leave us behind. And mostly why did the guy who made me ruin everything for all of us. Mom was never the same, I will never be the same.

After my shower I stepped into my closet. Let's see, I thought, should I wear skinny jeans or should I wear a dress. Well considering I rarely wear dress I picked black skinny jeans that were ripped with a black crop top that said Reckless Mess. I applied my make up but this time with dark purple lipstick and a pair of black converse. My hair on the other hand was straighten and my bangs were put to cover my grey eye. Afterwards, I grabbed my black hat and leather jacket and walked downstairs, seeing Zack on the couch.

"And here I thought you left me." I said jokingly causing him to turn around and smile softly. Gosh that smile will be the death of me.

"Well babe, why would I leave someone I promised to protect." He said while heading for the door.

I looked down a blushed, I kept telling myself last night was a dream but Zack is here telling me otherwise. Now don't think that Im crushing on him because you're wrong. He is just someone who magically popped into my life and won't go away.

"Where are you going?" He asked snapping me out of my train of thought.

I pointed to my car, "I'm going to school Zack, where else?"

He pulled me away and face me towards him. Chest to chest, nose to nose. My heart was racing, pumping blood in and out, in and out. It was till then I noticed a healing mark on his left cheek. I stroked it softly, realizing I had caused that two nights about. It made me feel horrible, he was trying to help me but yet I hurt him. The crazy things I do sometimes pisses me off.

"I'm sorry." I no more than whispered to him, still rubbing his mark.

"It's fine shorty," acknowledging the fact that I was 9 inches shorter than him, "proves to me that you can take me on." Finishing with the gorgeous smile of his.

I laughed, since the first time I've been here I actually truly laughed while giving Zack a hug on my tippy toes.

"You're awesome." I smiled.

"Yeah, I'll be even more awesome once you get on the bike with me." He smirked while letting go of me and climbing on his bike.

Shaking my head I climbed on his bike and with that we sped off to school.