Chapter 34 | Her Mother

刘 映 月

┊⠀┊⠀┊

┊⠀✧⠀┊

┊⠀⠀⠀ ✦

✦⠀⠀⠀⠀

Liu Ying Yue

"...Wife, how about we--"

"No," she hissed lowly, pinching the bridge of her nose and looking down at the ground in self-mortification. The vivid events of last night continuously ran through her head, only adding to her embarrassment considering how differently she had acted then.

"Relax, wife..." Zhang Wei chuckled with a self-satisfied smirk. "Of course I'll let you rest..."

"...We are never sleeping in the same bed again!" Ying Yue spat out with a whisper of annoyance, ignoring his protests and attempts to apologize. It didn't help the fact that her lower back was still aching--

That bastard...I never knew he was so insatiable--

She glanced up to glare at him, only to be met with Feng Mian's suggestive smile and Ming Yu and Lu Cang's awkward attempts to avoid eye contact. As the door suddenly slid open, Ying Yue and her husband immediately straightened up in their seats, casually sipping on their tea as An Fen settled down in front of the group. He leaned back and glanced between the two with an unwavering, emotionless expression as Ying Yue cautiously looked away, her husband pretending like his brother wasn't there.

...I have a feeling that I should be worried--

A knowing smirk suddenly spread on An Fen's face as he took a slow sip. "What are you two acting so embarrassed for? It's obvious what happened from the repeated banging of the headboard against the wall."

Ying Yue and her husband collectively choked, the rest gaping at Zhang Wei's brother's bluntness.

This bastard...Why would he bring...that...up now?!

"Excuse me?"

"Brother, why-what the hell--"

"I could tell that my dear brother wasn't holding back...Ying Yue, you're not too sore, are you--?"

She let out a forced laugh. "...Do us all a favor and shut the hell up."

...Unfortunately, he isn't wrong...I lost track after the sixth round...

An Fen simply let out an amused chuckle. "...Of course, I would like to mention that I did use the wine to push you two for a reason." He leaned forward, lowering his voice with an entirely-serious expression.

"Hm. I had expected that you may have had something up your sleeve." Zhang Wei set his tea cup down with an aura of annoyance. "Care to explain why you chose to involve yourself in my personal affairs, brother?"

"Besides the fact that there was an overwhelming presence of sexual tension between you and your wife--" He was cut off by the sound of Ying Yue unsheathing her sword and held his hands up in resignation. "...Control your wife, Zhang Wei. I mean it."

She relaxed as his teasing expression shifted into seriousness once again. "...And this has to do with my powers, correct?" Ying Yue let out a sigh as he nodded grimly.

"I'm sure you already know that you're a danger to the public and yourself--and by that, I mean an early death is inevitable the more you use your powers."