Chapter 35 | Her Rise

刘 映 月

┊⠀┊⠀┊

┊⠀✧⠀┊

┊⠀⠀⠀ ✦

✦⠀⠀⠀⠀

Liu Ying Yue

Her mother never was the peasant Consort Sui made her out to be. In fact, Liu Min Mo--or rather, Kong Min Mo, was far greater in terms of status and power. The supposed 'powerlessness' of Ying Yue's mother's name was simply a disguise for her true nature as a sought-after member of the Blood Realm.

An Fen had filled her in with some small yet vital pieces of information which majorly helped in filling gaps of the past. Grand Master Bei--Ming Yu's grandfather--was the one who had sealed her mother's powers away, following through to her children. Like how Ying Yue's water abilities were only a substitute, her mother had fake abilities of Chen under the fake identity of a prime minister's daughter.

In fact, all members of the Blood Realm originally had no major power until they went through a 'coming-of-age' ceremony at age eighteen where they would drink poisoned wine.

That certainly explains why I resurrected after the consort stabbed me...

Additionally, he also informed her on the training they would take up in the time to come.

"Your blood abilities will take up your life force the more you use them. However, because the base of this power revolves around emotions, you can prevent it from feeding on your life force." An Fen's glinted with the resolve of ambition. "Of course, that means more training is needed."

The sooner they started, the better. However, the group had immediately set out for the markets per An Fen's suggestion. Not only did they need to get more information on the overall situation back in Jin, but Zhang Wei's brother also claimed he needed to talk to some of his followers at their assigned posts before they decided to act.

"...Tch, it's starting to get really crowded," An Fen placed a plate of fruits on the temple's altar and frowned, glancing around cautiously. "Ying Yue, if you can help me find my dullard of a brother--"

Setting some sticks of incense in the incense holder, Ying Yue quickly bowed down in remembrance of her mother. Pushing the top of her veiled bamboo hat even lower over her eyes, she glanced through the crowd of people in the small temple on the search for her husband.

I can only hope he's not drawing unnecessary attention to himself--

"Young Master, you should come along with us for some tea..."

"...I'm afraid that I can't--" Zhang Wei's voice reached her ears as she scrutinized the room through her veil. "My wife should be arriving soon--"

"Is she?...Well, she doesn't have to know..."

...Do they have any shame?

Despite how he was clad in similarly dark robes with a veiled hat, a group of young women backed her husband into a corner in their futile attempts of seduction. Surprisingly enough, Ying Yue was simply indifferent to the scene.

"Even with his face covered, he'll still manage to attract attention from women..." An Fen crossed his arms with a nonchalant sigh. "...Ah, Yue Er, what are you going to do--?"

She strolled towards the group for a moment before looking back over her shoulder with a raised eyebrow. "Help him, obviously."

Zhang Wei's head immediately spun towards her at the sound of her approaching footsteps, Ying Yue calmly taking out her sword in its sheath and placing it between the women and her husband.